Incubator Humidity on dry hatch?

RichardsonFarms

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 7, 2018
I set 4 dozen chicken eggs on the 16th, I’m doing a dry hatch. I actually have an accurate thermometer and hygrometer this time around, and my humidity is reading at 26.7% on the low end and 29% on the high end.

Is this too low? What will the effect be on the eggs?

My temp is staying between 99.8-100, I’ve lowered the temp, so it should be closer to 99.5 now.

I inserted a screenshot of my readings

Attachments

• 665CD919-1980-4BEB-8F36-8EF92DE6ADE9.png
    665CD919-1980-4BEB-8F36-8EF92DE6ADE9.png
    239 KB · Views: 50
:pop I've wanted to do a dry hatch, too - but am too cautious since all the recommendations are 40-50% humidity and I'm a stickler for following the 'rules' when it comes to my animals. I've read somewhere that you want 25-35% humidity for a dry hatch??? I could be wrong, though. Following to see if more experienced folks weigh in.

My humidity stays between 18% and 35%... I don't add water, have nothing to clean up, and have high hatch rates.
I keep the incubator in an unused bathroom, incubator vents opened, and keep the door closed.
What about during lockdown? What do you have your humidity set at?

Since I switched to dry hatching almost four years ago my hatching rate on chickens has been 90 percent or higher. I keep my humidity around 30 percent which here in Western WA is pretty dang easy to do. And I do raise it for lockdown to 50 percent. With my NR 360 doing most of the work it has been a revolution for me during chick seasons.

What about during lockdown? What do you have your humidity set at?
I don't pay attention to humidity... I never add water!
I don't have a lockdown...
I do take out the turning trays, put down a unbleached paper towel, and set the eggs on cut up egg cartons during the last 3 days.
Last hatch was 100%!
There is no stinky, gooey stuff left behind, that people often talk about... Nothing is wet!
My clean up - Remove paper towel and vacuum out dander...
This is inside my incubator... I call it The Chick Lounge.
1682632601235.png

Back
Top Bottom