Incuview Incubator

Pics
We set the eggs early this morning. Fifteen Jersey Giants from ChickieLady, and nine backyard mixes fathered by our Orpington roo.

We had a bit of trouble getting the IncuView up to temp at first, as the ambient temp in our livingroom was about 60. So we got the space heater going again on the other side of the room, and put the IncuView on a big fluffy towel to insulate the bottom. In ten minutes the incubator got up to temp and has stayed there!

Have you had any trouble with the display?

The display seems to be working fine. Have others reported trouble with it?
Ah. Didn't see your prior post. ****. But so far everything here appears to be working to specs.

Last edited:
Great news, WaddleWaddle!
Just to be on the safe side, try and find a cool spot to store your eggs. We had ours waiting in our unheated laundry room, on the concrete floor. I had a thermometer and hygrometer combo in there next to them, so I could tell it was a good spot.

Used my incuview for the first time everthing working great I put 14 pheasant eggs in and two hatched this morning waiting on the others now . My grandkid and I just love it because they can see everything that is going on. We were able to see the whole time the chick started picking through until it kicked it self completely out of the shell. The incuview incubator is fantastic I love it wish I can post pictures but not sure how to do it yet.

Last edited:
Used my incuview for the first time everthing working great I put 14 pheasant eggs in and two hatched this morning waiting on the others now . My grandkid and I just love it because they can see everything that is going on. We were able to see the whole time the chick started picking through until it kicked it self completely out of the shell. The incuview incubator is fantastic I love it wish I can post pictures but not sure how to do it yet.
Well, you did just fine posting our photo. :)
And what a beautiful photo it is! Along with your sweet little chick, it shows exactly what's so cool about the Incuview. We've got ours right on the coffee table in our living room, enjoying the show. 18 days to go!

I bought 2 of these incubators for hatching only, they do pretty well, easy to see the hatching progress, holds temps well and for humidity I fill the bottom totally and add a wet sponge does great! The down size is it's small and could be taller inside but other than that I really like them. :)

I have 4 in the process of hatching and 3 already hatched. This is a great incubator, I only have to add a little water to keep my humity up . Ebonie just for information I had to keep my plug out during incubation period because my humity got to high , and when they went into lock down I put the plug in and my humity went up into the hatching section on my gauage. I use very littly water in mine and I have water condisation on the edges of my glass. I do not know why you have to put so much water in yours with a sponge. Just for information for you good luck and if you need any more information send me a email.

I have 4 in the process of hatching and 3 already hatched. This is a great incubator, I only have to add a little water to keep my humity up . Ebonie just for information I had to keep my plug out during incubation period because my humity got to high , and when they went into lock down I put the plug in and my humity went up into the hatching section on my gauage. I use very littly water in mine and I have water condisation on the edges of my glass. I do not know why you have to put so much water in yours with a sponge. Just for information for you good luck and if you need any more information send me a email.

Congratulations on the hatching!

We followed instructions and had high humidity at first. We had to drain all the water out of the incubator, and we need to keep the plug out like you did. Further, we needed to turn on a space heater and put the incubator on a towel to insulate the bottom so we could get it up to temperature. In our case both issues are because we live in a concrete house in the pacific northwest, and we don't generally heat it this time year (because I'm too cheap to run the heater, LOL)

So the average temperature in the living room was barely 60, and it's raining outside and humid inside!

Once we got the heater going so the room temp's a whopping 67 degrees, the incubator sitting on the towel, and the plug out of the dry incubator, it's been holding steady 100% of the time.

I always keep my plug out for hatching unless the heat or humidty is low. That's what works for me to keep my humidity around 70-75% and I keep two temp/humidity readers in there at all times.

Back
Top Bottom