Incuview Incubator

Pics
I put a dozen legbar eggs into the IncuView a few weeks ago. Three of them quit in the first week (blood rings) and the 9 that went into lockdown all hatched last night! I've had trouble in the past with chicks making it to lockdown and not hatching, or pipping and not zipping, and I believe it might have been low humidity. I was hatching in the winter, and going by the built-in hygrometer to determine when to add water. I think the thermostat is good but I no longer trust the hygrometer. I got a tiny combo hygrometer/thermometer from Avianweb on Amazon and it worked a charm. Chick pics!
Yay! Congrats on your Legbars!

Wow.. what a thread. Any idea if they will have a black Friday or holiday special? Seems most are happy with this and the customer service seems exceptional.

I am running my first batch of eggs through the large cabinet unit with the external humidifier and wow the difference in development is amazing. last batch of marans I had 24 eggs and only 8 developed to go into the hatcher this time I had 36 eggs and 32 made it to incubation. had 2 not fertile and 2 blood rings. I'm on day 19 so we will see how many get past pip stage. if it's more than one it's doing better than my last hatch lol.

So out of 32 eggs that made it to lockdown I now have 28 very healthy fbcm chicks :) love love love that incubator! Bcm hatch with my old one out of 24 eggs I got 2 live bcm chicks lol.

So out of 32 eggs that made it to lockdown I now have 28 very healthy fbcm chicks
smile.png
love love love that incubator! Bcm hatch with my old one out of 24 eggs I got 2 live bcm chicks lol.
That is a great hatch. Keep in mind------I am sure the new incubator is working great---to get a more accurate test results you would need to collect eggs, divide them and set both incubators at the same time. Having hatched 1000's and 1000's----different times of the year, different times for the chickens can Greatly effect the fertility/hatch of the eggs. Example, with just one pen of 7 hens(all my pen numbers are marked on each egg)----I hatched about every egg that I collected from them for months----a month later None were fertile---ALL eggs from that pen were removed the first candeling------makes a difference. I made one adjstment then all were fertile again.

Last edited:
Hi everyone I recently got a Rcom maru 500 digital incubator, didn't do my research and I found out it is set up for slide turning ,different than what I use in my farm innovation any helpful hints? Also I'M thinking about selling it any ideas where i can post?

Could not get the humidity up high enough on the other one and my marans would srink wrap. Extremely dry in south texas though.

Back
Top Bottom