Incuview Incubator

I've had mine about a year. Got it as a gift. Just ordered eggs from Meyer hatchery. Question: My incutherm reads about 1.5 degrees warmer than the incuview thermometer. Should I calibrate the incubator to the incutherm?
are the sensors next to each other? can you calibrate one of them or used a calibrated thermometer ? ( reads 32 in ice water

I've had mine about a year. Got it as a gift. Just ordered eggs from Meyer hatchery. Question: My incutherm reads about 1.5 degrees warmer than the incuview thermometer. Should I calibrate the incubator to the incutherm?
Calibrate the incutherm to ensure that it is reading accurately. Then adjust the incuview controls.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! This is my first time incubating eggs (except for maybe once in middle school lol) AND first time using an incuview incubator.. so far I have been pretty happy with the results.. set 24, after candling ended up with 15 who all seem to be doing very well as far as I can tell (the others apparently weren't fertilized as I cracked them open to check.. my rooster must not like those particular hens lol).

I have double checked the incubators thermometer with my husbands very expensive smoker thermometer and they are within a 1/2 to 1 degree of each other, which I feel is pretty darn accurate and we will probably never get anything to be 100% exact. But I do not have a second hygrometer to check the humidity, and am solely relying on the incubators gauge. I have entered the "lockdown" and am having trouble getting the humidity up to where it should be on the gauge.. I've filled all 3 reservoirs and added sponges on both sides.. I feel like that should be MORE than enough, but it's still not humid enough according to the gauge. I don't want to drown my chicks because of an inaccurate gauge, should I go with my gut and take some sponges out? Or leave them in? (I do live in a very dry log home and we use pellet stoves for heat which are a dry heat as well..)

Any thoughts? TIA!

reading from my husband's smoker thermometer, just for fun to double check temp ^

temp and humidity reading on the incubator ^ humidity reading is not even touching the "hatching humidity" recommendation

^ TWO rows of small 2" wide x 3-4" long sponges, saturated.. plus all 3 chambers filled below

Hi everyone! This is my first time incubating eggs (except for maybe once in middle school lol) AND first time using an incuview incubator.. so far I have been pretty happy with the results.. set 24, after candling ended up with 15 who all seem to be doing very well as far as I can tell (the others apparently weren't fertilized as I cracked them open to check.. my rooster must not like those particular hens lol).

I have double checked the incubators thermometer with my husbands very expensive smoker thermometer and they are within a 1/2 to 1 degree of each other, which I feel is pretty darn accurate and we will probably never get anything to be 100% exact. But I do not have a second hygrometer to check the humidity, and am solely relying on the incubators gauge. I have entered the "lockdown" and am having trouble getting the humidity up to where it should be on the gauge.. I've filled all 3 reservoirs and added sponges on both sides.. I feel like that should be MORE than enough, but it's still not humid enough according to the gauge. I don't want to drown my chicks because of an inaccurate gauge, should I go with my gut and take some sponges out? Or leave them in? (I do live in a very dry log home and we use pellet stoves for heat which are a dry heat as well..)

Any thoughts? TIA!

reading from my husband's smoker thermometer, just for fun to double check temp ^

temp and humidity reading on the incubator ^ humidity reading is not even touching the "hatching humidity" recommendation

^ TWO rows of small 2" wide x 3-4" long sponges, saturated.. plus all 3 chambers filled below
Take the turning tray out completely. Chicks can get toes, legs, or even heads stuck in it. And don't trust the built in humidity gauge.

Back
Top Bottom