Incuview Incubator

I've read almost all of this thread... I did skip a few pages in the middle
tongue.gif
I have to say that I'm impressed. I popped in here because I'm shopping for my first incubator and was torn over which of the HovaBators I was going to get, but saw this one mentioned in another thread about getting your first incubator etc etc. I was unfamiliar with it, but was of course shopping at Incubator Warehouse and Amazon. I like the idea of solid plastic over Styrofoam because I have cats. The buggers will destroy a cardboard box in short order so I can't imagine what they'd do to an incubator on the counter! Also, I like that it's a local-ish company for me.
big_smile.png
Go Idaho!

The big downside I see is that it holds a lot less eggs than the comparable HovaBator, but I guess since I'm just getting started I'll just not be able to order two dozen eggs! Also, the power and hygrometer issues? It seems that the power issues is something that only some people are having, but the hygrometer is across the board. I'm wondering if it's best to just hold off on purchasing until these are resolved. Has there been any indication on a timeline? I was hoping to get a bator sooner rather than later since I'm attending a few events where I'll likely pick up some hatching eggs.

I've read almost all of this thread... I did skip a few pages in the middle :tongue  I have to say that I'm impressed. I popped in here because I'm shopping for my first incubator and was torn over which of the HovaBators I was going to get, but saw this one mentioned in another thread about getting your first incubator etc etc. I was unfamiliar with it, but was of course shopping at Incubator Warehouse and Amazon. I like the idea of solid plastic over Styrofoam because I have cats. The buggers will destroy a cardboard box in short order so I can't imagine what they'd do to an incubator on the counter! Also, I like that it's a local-ish company for me. :D  Go Idaho!

The big downside I see is that it holds a lot less eggs than the comparable HovaBator, but I guess since I'm just getting started I'll just not be able to order two dozen eggs! Also, the power and hygrometer issues? It seems that the power issues is something that only some people are having, but the hygrometer is across the board. I'm wondering if it's best to just hold off on purchasing until these are resolved. Has there been any indication on a timeline? I was hoping to get a bator sooner rather than later since I'm attending a few events where I'll likely pick up some hatching eggs.

Depending on breed and size, order your 2 dozen eggs. Some may be less than perfect when they arrive. The only ordered eggs I hatched got scrambled by the time they got here, only 2 developed out of 12. I hatched them upright in a carton and tilted the incubator manually left to right a couple times a day. Using my own eggs, I can fit 22 large eggs in the Turner. My hygrometer and thermometer have both been
spot on for me. I hatched 18 a week ago and loaded the incubator right back up again!

Hi all.

I've been running my new Incuview empty for four days. I have an extra thermometer/hygrometer that I salt tested. The salt test told me that it's reading 3% over actual humidity.

In the four days I've been running the incubator I've gotten four different sets of readings (from three different positions in the Incuview).

Placed in the top right corner (between the egg turning mechanism and corner)
Secondary Temp: 99.5
Humidity: 65% (68-3=65)
Incuview Temp: 99.4
Humidity: mid "Incubating" range dial

Placed directly under Incuview sensor - middle of unit.
Secondary Temp: 99.7
Humidity: 61% (64-3=61)
Incuview Temp: 99.6
Humidity: mid "Incubating" range on dial

Placed in the bottom right corner (directly opposite of top right corner)
Secondary Temp: 96.3
Humidity: 23% (forgot to add more water)
Incuview Temp: 99.4
Humidity: "Add Water" range on dial

Placed back under Incuview sensor - middle of unit. (filled all the water channels to try and get "hatch" humidity rate)
Secondary Temp: 97.9
Humidity: 73%
Incuview Temp: 99.5
Humidity: high "Incubating" range on dial

So - it seems like the Incuview started off running fairly accurately, but the last two readings were off quite a bit. Not sure if I should adjust it or leave it alone. Maybe I should just wait until I add the eggs and see what adjustments need to be made then....

Thoughts?

Recently bought an incuview too after reading most every post. Had trouble getting it up to temp because the house is rarely above 70*. Placed it on a towel. Nope. No change. Covered it with an apple box. Perfect. 99.6 every time I check it and big holes for air.

Someone posted the instructions for the incubator a couple posts ago. Take a gander at them. You can adjust the incubator for your average room temps. Default is 70-80 degrees. You may find better results changing that setting :) Good luck!

Also, for the others worried about the power supply and all that - mine is FINE. Seriously. I ordered right after Thanksgiving. I won't make any guarantees for you guys, but mine's been working like a champ. Take the plunge and hatch some babies!

Well, I totally just placed my order.
wee.gif
I figured that from what I've seen as far as customer service from this company it'll be OK. Way excited to get it an give it a "dry" run and then hit up a certain 24 hour auction thread for some goodies!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom