Incuview Incubator

is it common to have the screen so dirty? I started to clean it and then thought to ask.....It's my first time incubating
Normal for post hatch. Just a preview of how much down, dust, and dander those chicks can produce. If you think that's bad, just you wait till they start feathering in. Unscrew, blow out the debris, and disinfect.

Could you just "shop vac" it?  Or do you really need to take it apart...

It's just easier to disinfect it thoroughly if you unscrew the screen. You don't want that fluff getting up into the heating elements. And you can get the fan cleaned up a bit while you've got it exposed.

Interesting. Not being real mechanical, I never would have thought of taking it apart. All I do is wipe the fluff off that screen with a damp paper towel. I wipe the plastic part of the lid with a rag dampened with bleach water. I wipe as much as I can reach without getting any of the electrical parts wet, and just figure those parts were not meant to be cleaned. I hope mine doesn't have too much buildup of stuff way in there.

I would've just cleaned everything and forgot the fan. Babies are in lock down and were pipping this morning. One has its bill poking out make a lot of noise when not sleeping, one has a huge crack but no hole, one has a little line, and the other has nothing going on at the moment. The anticipation is killing me!!! I woke up everybody screaming "THEY'RE PIPPING, THEY'RE PIPPING!" I've never seen kids move so fast. LOL

I have 5 BR xEE eggs at day 20 in my incuview and just got the first pip. My rooster just hasn't been getting it done out of 15 eggs set only 5 were fertile

Back
Top Bottom