Incuview Incubator

Maybe the humidifier is the way to go next time. I want to turn around RIGHT NOW and put more eggs in the incubator and try it again but I should really wait until next spring. Hopefully with better luck.

. some people put a humidifier in the room if they have a dry house
I had to do that when I incubated during the winter and the house was dry. The Incuview wasn't holding its humidity. I had a hygrometer sitting on the table next to the Incuview, so I could tell that the room RH was too low. I put a small table top humidifier in the same room, about 4 or 5 feet away. That solved the whole problem. If you think about it, if the air in the house is dry in general, the incubator will unwittingly be functioning as a room humidifier, and there's no way those little channels or even a sponge could keep up with that.

Hi Everyone.

I purchased an Incuview a few months ago and I'm in the middle of my second hatch. (I did read this thread prior to purchasing FWIW).

First hatch went alright from the incubator stand point. I was able to keep stable temps and humidity (although the hygrometer dial on the unit never worked right - I relied on my second hygrometer to track). Didn't have a great hatch rate but they were shipped eggs and kinda banged up. Only half even made it to lockdown. Of the 8 eggs that went into lockdown I had 3 hatch successfully.

In the middle of my second hatch and around day 13 I woke up and the Incuview was off. (!) Eggs were cold and ambient room temp was in the mid 60's. I futzed with the lid and found that the connector from the power supply that plugged into the heater/fan part was not making a connection. After plugging/unplugging/twisting for a bit I finally got it back running. However the temps ran high after than and had to re-adjust a few times.

Called Incubator Warehouse and they shipped me a new lid. Showed up in 3 days and has been working like a charm since. The new lid has a digital humidity display and it seems to be tracking the humidity the same as my secondary hygrometer. Temps seem to be holding better also.

I still like this machine and would still recommend it, but would caution buyers to try and get the newer model. Also I give Incubator Warehouse a big recommendation for their customer service. Very friendly. Very helpful.

IMG_3249.JPG
About another week until lock down.

I just received my incuview and started running it and noticed that the screen has a bit of a flicker and the power transformer (black box) gets pretty hot. Is that normal?

Back
Top Bottom