Incuview Incubator

I'm not to lockdown yet but I went with the humidikit option and it has been keeping the humidity between 42-45%. My house is very dry so I'm refilling the bottle about 1x a week. Lockdown for me starts on Saturday afternoon. I was told to leave the plug out if I didn't have the humidikit hooked up? (the cust service people there are very nice and helpful with tips if you have questions)

Another question for the experienced @Molpet @junebuggena @Gilbird
Do you leave turner tray in at lockdown or take it out?
I left mine in, thinking it will reduce pin-balling, but am concerned eggs are too close together for egg to open after zipping for chick to get out easily.

The turning tray comes out. A few people have had issues with chicks getting legs caught under the tray. So it's better to just remove it.
Ah ...well a little late now with 5-6 pips and one out already.

I did remove that shell, it couldn't get out
(well it probably could have, wasn't as stuck as it looked).
upload_2018-3-23_18-28-14.png

Another question for the experienced @Molpet @junebuggena @Gilbird
Do you leave turner tray in at lockdown or take it out?
I left mine in, thinking it will reduce pin-balling, but am concerned eggs are too close together for egg to open after zipping for chick to get out easily.
first time I took it out and had a pile up in a corner, pipped eggs face down on broken shells.. they didn't hatch.
2nd time I left it in .. no pile ups of shells and pipped eggs... I intend to leave it in this time too

first time I took it out and had a pile up in a corner, pipped eggs face down on broken shells.. they didn't hatch.
2nd time I left it in .. no pile ups of shells and pipped eggs... I intend to leave it in this time too
Piling could be due to level of bator?
How many eggs when you left it in, any jamming?
I have 26 eggs end to end, not much 'wiggle' room.

Piling could be due to level of bator?
How many eggs when you left it in, any jamming?
I have 26 eggs end to end, not much 'wiggle' room.

26 eggs in the bator, woke up to 14 hatched and a pile up in the lower right corner. I left things alone and when all was said and done found 2 pipped ( that were pipped when i went to bed) face down not moving :hitnow they could have died before they were used as a soccer ball

I think the bator was level, at least I didn't see any water issues.

I think the bator was level, at least I didn't see any water issues.
Hell, I can't even see that there's water in the reservoirs without a bright flashlight and tipping the base to make the water move. :D
My next hatch I m going to replace the bottom mesh with 1/4 and make separators for a 2-3 different crosses.

I have a side pip, even with the eggs in the tray it is now been flipped over by the one hatched chicks.

I guess it's all 6 or one, half dozen of the other.....or pros and cons to each scenario.

Back
Top Bottom