Incuview Incubator

Nope, but, had a detached air cell and stood it in a bottle cap(1 1/2" dia)...it died on day 4 tho.
But it did ride the tray OK:
View attachment 1736016

I bet you could use a carton, might have to stay away from the edges tho where the lid is lower.
that spot yours on the cap is a hot spot in mine, the spot above the turner is too... reads around 102 when the rest is 99.5... when turner is all the way to the right. The left side isn't as hot, around 101
Yes to the carton, I can put 2 cartons in to either side of the heater/fan, away from the edge still...

oh and the fancy humidifier decided to quit. Was working fine when I went to bed and in the morning controller said it was working but the light is out on the heater part... no wires are loose and I need to find my LV meter to check output of the controller.

How did you test that?
I have 2 incuthems and a egg o matic ( the egg attached to a thermometer)
They all read the same in a spot when switched from spot to spot and allowed to stabilize... I took about a week checking different spots. Of course this was after a couple of hatches that nothing hatched in those corners.

I have 2 incuthems and a egg o matic ( the egg attached to a thermometer)
They all read the same in a spot when switched from spot to spot and allowed to stabilize... I took about a week checking different spots. Of course this was after a couple of hatches that nothing hatched in those corners.
I move egg positions around every week, as I'm sure there are hotter and colder spots tho I've never tested...not sure that works, haven't had a 100% hatch since the first one.

Has anybody hatched shipped eggs in the incuview?
I bought some white laced red cornish for my first shipped egg adventure.. duh should of done something cheaper first. Didn't think about keeping them upright.

Yep. I used shipped eggs for my first two hatches. First hatch the eggs were from MyPetChicken and it was a mix of breeds. I had 3 Speckled Sussex hatch successfully from the bunch. I don't remember the total I started with...not likely more than 12 tho. My second hatch was 18 White Rock eggs from Meyer Hatchery. I had 11 hatch successfully from that batch. My third hatch was eggs from a local breeder. I had 4 hatch out of 12 and my current set of 24 eggs with 20 going into lockdown today is from the same breeder.

Good luck with your hatch!

Yep. I used shipped eggs for my first two hatches. First hatch the eggs were from MyPetChicken and it was a mix of breeds. I had 3 Speckled Sussex hatch successfully from the bunch. I don't remember the total I started with...not likely more than 12 tho. My second hatch was 18 White Rock eggs from Meyer Hatchery. I had 11 hatch successfully from that batch. My third hatch was eggs from a local breeder. I had 4 hatch out of 12 and my current set of 24 eggs with 20 going into lockdown today is from the same breeder.

Good luck with your hatch!
did you lay them flat or put them in eggs cartons? I am hearing laying shipped eggs flat can have issues because of the air cells

Back
Top Bottom