INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Such a pretty kiddo!  Do you bathe her or does she stay looking that nice?

Shes a dirty little monster. Shes just fluffy. :) She was the chick that I got up every 2 hours to help her hatch. She imprinted on me I think. She freaks out if anyone else holds her, but purrs and makes little R2D2 whistles. Shes a sweetie.
She looked so different as a hatchling.

Anybody ever heard of a broody ISA brown? I have found the same girl sitting in a nest box at bed time two nights in a row! Not the same box mind you but she growls and pecks at me when I throw her out. What do you all think?

So use few eggs I've been setting, I've been very happy with the results! I'm hatching pretty much all showgirls from my silkie/showgirl pens! 4 partridge, and 3 (2 still in hatcher drying out) blues! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

Also have this little polish I hatched out of tolbunt/silver laced polish breeding (lady had a silver laced roo in with her tolbunts. Was hoping to get pure chicks but didn't happen lol)

And these "tolbunt" chicks that I hatched from eggs I bought. Look like I got hosed yet again and ended up with white crested blacks?

Cute though. The ones I got didn't hatch, maybe I am not meant to have a polish:( I did get my first first silkie. It looks light grey anyone know what color it may be?

Morning all! Who asked for rain? It didn't start to rain until I went out to take care of the Chickens and Ducks. My face literally looked like this
sickbyc.gif
when the rain started
Agreed, take it back~ We have had enough this year, ugh!!! I got caught out in it and so did my poor Sugar! She was BaaAAAAAHing pitifully at me and did not like it one bit! We were trying to construct a new house for Bocephus so the poor guy has a place to call his own. Bo currently lives in the back half of the livestock trailer, and tethers when I'm home. Sugar is a lot more helpful than Bo when it comes to construction
lau.gif
She clears the weeds, and doesn't try to nip Mom on the legs if she gets bored like Bo will.

Quote: We had hard rain but nothing too bad here. Mine just go bonkers over the BOSS, good stuff!

I just chk radar weather reports for your area, hope you all battened down your hatches!!! You guys are really getting hit! Stay dry my friends! Keeping u all in my prayers! Hope its not as bad as weather channel weather has it being!
My geese and ducks are loving all the big puddles!

Cute though. The ones I got didn't hatch, maybe I am not meant to have a polish:( I did get my first first silkie. It looks light grey anyone know what color it may be?

If you (or anybody else) are interested in buying any, I have about 30 Polish/Houdan cross chicks that I'm going to be selling. All of the older ones have really awesome crests. The one in my avatar is from the same hen and rooster pair.

Message me if interested.

It was almost 100 degrees here a couple nights ago and decided to take the chicks outside for a few minutes. Also got a video of the older chickens greeting the littles. Was really funny!

0.jpg
Aww, thats tooo precious, sad the momma didn't take to them. But before they know it they will be part of the flock.

So use few eggs I've been setting, I've been very happy with the results! I'm hatching pretty much all showgirls from my silkie/showgirl pens! 4 partridge, and 3 (2 still in hatcher drying out) blues! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

Also have this little polish I hatched out of tolbunt/silver laced polish breeding (lady had a silver laced roo in with her tolbunts. Was hoping to get pure chicks but didn't happen lol)

And these "tolbunt" chicks that I hatched from eggs I bought. Look like I got hosed yet again and ended up with white crested blacks?

Precious!

And just noticed my main LF Cochin hen is prolapsed! Ahhhh!
Oh no, thats terrible news
sad.png
What a horrible thing to find. Good luck.

Here are a few photos of the "babies" from last weekend. 3 SFH 10 weeks old now.

They will be stunning, I love the colors already!

Quote: Great news on the nest box... Mine all pile up the same one too, now all 4 get buried! I have to pull out broodies every day. If I miss a day collecting, they automatically go to the hog, not taking chances of any developed eggs.
That coop is incredible.. but ya, would need partially disassembled. at least.. and they want money for it and cleaned up also.. lot of labor there and a couple trips on a truck/trailer as well. A local person would get a bargain, for us it would not be a good deal
sad.png

Wondering if anyone has any silkies for sale around Southern Indiana. Looking for anything but white. Would like a rooster and two or three hens.
frow.gif
Good luck with your search, welcome to our thread!

My little Seven. I'm pretty sure she's a she. :) Almost 3 months old.

Lovely! and yes I vote hen!

Quote: I am so sorry about Margo
hugs.gif

If hatch date is about the same, count the egg totals and stick them under! just make sure she covers all the eggs. My stinker the OEGB had 13! hatched 6 and 7 are duds I think, one hatched late this morning.

Am very nervous about tomorrow. Dad sees the Surgeon about his heart tomorrow morning. There is discussion he may be released to come home beginning of august. He went off oxygen Monday! Dad and Mom celebrate their 56th anniversary on Friday so am planning something small for them.
He walked allll the way back from the rehab department to his room yesterday with a big grin
big_smile.png
about melted my heart. Thankful to have my Dad back with us a lil longer. His mind is much clearer, and he is tripling what the PT asks of him, very good reports.. Gooooo DAD!!!!
woot.gif

Off to bed, long day tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom