INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Yeah, it may take them a while to be comfortable away from the light on the roost. I cut a piece of tree limb and put it in the brooder with mine, hoping some would roost, nope, they curled up next to it like it was a mother hen. I can't remember how old my older ones were when they enjoyed roosting.

Kiniska - yes I've been the same way. My DH keeps saying "I've lost you"!!!! And " it's all you think(care) about"!!!

Animallover- I neede some of the Poly stuff a few weeks ago. It is cheapest at Walmart, half the price of CVS. Sorry I'm new to chickens, you're better off to listen to the experienced ones.

Yeah, it may take them a while to be comfortable away from the light on the roost. I cut a piece of tree limb and put it in the brooder with mine, hoping some would roost, nope, they curled up next to it like it was a mother hen. I can't remember how old my older ones were when they enjoyed roosting.

The first couple nights my broody mamma left the kiddos, they stayed on the floor right next to their little roost. I was wondering if I needed to help them out by placing them on the roost but they finally figured it out.

On my first set of chicks I put them on the roost at night after dark the first 2 nights since they didn't have any oldsters to observe. After that they all got there on their own.

Princeton
RIR rooster over BR hen.  pullets receive no barring gene and as a baby chick will have no white spot on head.  males will and they will bar with some leakage in the shoulder area.  Krtristyg which Rural King did you get them at?

Princeton

well when i checked amber this moring she was still laying down but last night she did eat alil and drank alil water but sadly there was red stingy like stuff in her poop i just hope she gets better soon

if i post a pic of ambers poo with the red in it would anyone help me out to know for sure is cocci or just the lining of her intestens shedding? ......

i dont know what to do i feel useless never had to go through this before its so stress full on top of the stress from the house :/

One of the things Del said was that if it was just normal intestinal lining she wouldn't be showing symptoms of being sick like you described.

And..yes - post photos of the poo here and send a cc of it to that pm. Del has 30+ years of experience so if the photos are clear enough she will likely be able to give you an opinion!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom