3 Double Laced Barnevelder
4 Coronation Sussex
5 Penciled Plymouth Rocks
6 Heritage White cornish
7 White laced red Cornish
8 Dark Cornish (have)
9 Olive Eggers (have)
10 Easter Eggers (Have)

Hey I have 2 ducks and I don't know if there male or female:/ oh and I don't know how to do pictures!

I'm not sure, but I think you have to have more posts before you can post pictures. They keep the exact number hush-hush to prevent spammers...

How old are your ducks? Males should be getting a curled tail feather by 3 or so months, if I remember correctly. You can also voice sex them; boys are raspy and girls are LOUD. This page has sound clips of male and female ducks for comparison, as well as a few other tips for sexing ducks: http://www.majesticwaterfowl.org/artquacks.htm OH, this is only for Mallard-derived breeds, NOT Muscovies!

Does anyone here have isbars??

I don't actually have them, but Blue Isbars are definitely on my list! They just don't make my top 10. Of course, I have way too many top picks to fill ten in... But I could do a top 50! :lol: Or, well, probably...

Top 10 :)

1. Araucana
2. Legbar
3. Welsummer
4. Maran
5. Isbar
6. Frizzle Tolbunt Polish
7. Ayam Cemani
8. Cochin
9. Lavender Orp
10. Swedish Flower Hen

I have/am getting all these plus EE and OE... I love the variety of birds available. I have some Isbars coming Wednesday and will see if she has any more pullets available :)

Cookie's chicks were due to hatch today, but as usual all were out of the shell by this morning. I moved the happy family into the rabbit cage. She started going broody & stole a bunch of eggs. After a week I removed the clears & 7 remained. All 7 hatched!

Kittydoc -The roo is Cogburn's son- an early bloomer! Started crowing & mating the hens at 3.5 mo old. Now it's confirmed that he's doing the job. Tell Cogburn he's a grandpa!

As usual, DD picked her fav. This time it's an EE (came from blue egg). Either an EE-orp or a Legbar-orp.
In the bright sunlight it has a brown hue.

Here are the other 6 chicks.
4 are black orps.
The black one with the pink beak is the other EE. Pretty sure it's a legbar-orp mix.
The yellow/white chick is from Princess- Lay-a.

pic below: What do you guys think? Does it look like a male head-spot? (I believe CCL hen x Orp roo combo makes a sex-link, so only a male offspring could get the barring from the mother.)

Last 2 pics are DD's fav.

Cookie's chicks were due to hatch today, but as usual all were out of the shell by this morning. I moved the happy family into the rabbit cage. She started going broody & stole a bunch of eggs. After a week I removed the clears & 7 remained. All 7 hatched!

Kittydoc -The roo is Cogburn's son- an early bloomer! Started crowing & mating the hens at 3.5 mo old. Now it's confirmed that he's doing the job. Tell Cogburn he's a grandpa!

As usual, DD picked her fav. This time it's an EE (came from blue egg). Either an EE-orp or a Legbar-orp.
In the bright sunlight it has a brown hue.

Here are the other 6 chicks.
4 are black orps.
The black one with the pink beak is the other EE. Pretty sure it's a legbar-orp mix.
The yellow/white chick is from Princess- Lay-a.

pic below: What do you guys think? Does it look like a male head-spot? (I believe CCL hen x Orp roo combo makes a sex-link, so only a male offspring could get the barring from the mother.)

Last 2 pics are DD's fav.

How precious!!! I named my black orp cockerel after Cogburn, adore him! That sure looks like a sexlink spot on your baby, can't wait to see if you are right.

Back
Top Bottom