INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

That and my smelly ducks ... :lol:
Here's what they do while I'm doing chores.
20181108_161155.jpg

Also, got some 7 month old Easter Eggers yesterday to add to my chicken flock.
20181108_160432.jpg

"had snow"

....... For us, it's still here!

The high today was only 31'F but we should get above freezing tomorrow afternoon. I really wish we blew air through the water lines last week. Now I'm just hoping the hoses thaw enough to disconnect everything tomorrow.

Looks like Sadie and the cat are going to my parents. Ursa may be moving to the postage stamp apartment with us. My husband seems to think she'll be fine there, but I think it's a cruel nightmare for a dog as big and energetic as her. She's going to be bored and lonely out of her mind. I've tried floating the notion around family, but so far no takers.

If anyone's looking for a big dog who is really good at deterring unwanted visitors; likes kids, dogs and cats; is housebroken; loves to play with anyone and everything, and had stopped going after poultry before we gave away all the birds, let me know. She has killed a rat before but I wouldn't call her a rat dog. She's not the search and destroy type, but if it's in the house or near her people, she'll go after it but doesn't have the killer instincts I've seen in legitimate hunting dogs. She didn't try to kill the squirrel that wandered into our house this summer or the opossum she found in the backyard. She's never knocked anyone over, and doesn't jump on people, but she does paw at them to request attention and lean heavily. She loves tug-o-war and belly scratches. She's very food motivated and has been doing really well learning 'sit'.

Sorry Indy I want a cat, mom does not want a house dog and I don't really want a dog. Not a hater but a Jimmy cracked corn person (I don't care...) about dogs. they are nice, but it's like a woman's prom dress I think they look nice but I would not want one, or have a need for one....

Have you tried posting a CL ad for her?
Looks like Sadie and the cat are going to my parents. Ursa may be moving to the postage stamp apartment with us. My husband seems to think she'll be fine there, but I think it's a cruel nightmare for a dog as big and energetic as her. She's going to be bored and lonely out of her mind. I've tried floating the notion around family, but so far no takers.

If anyone's looking for a big dog who is really good at deterring unwanted visitors; likes kids, dogs and cats; is housebroken; loves to play with anyone and everything, and had stopped going after poultry before we gave away all the birds, let me know. She has killed a rat before but I wouldn't call her a rat dog. She's not the search and destroy type, but if it's in the house or near her people, she'll go after it but doesn't have the killer instincts I've seen in legitimate hunting dogs. She didn't try to kill the squirrel that wandered into our house this summer or the opossum she found in the backyard. She's never knocked anyone over, and doesn't jump on people, but she does paw at them to request attention and lean heavily. She loves tug-o-war and belly scratches. She's very food motivated and has been doing really well learning 'sit'.

If you really want to find her a new home, maybe call a local shelter to see if they would have anyone looking for that type of dog while you keep her. I've seen ads like that. Or post a flier around area shops and such that are local to you.
Craigslist is ok, but then you might have to turn some people down.
Honestly, I have two large dogs in a small house. One is 72lbs the other is 95lbs. They are both considered high energy dogs. They are now 3 and 4 and mostly sleep or chew their bones. Then, we take them for long daily walks and outside to play. They do well with our somewhat lazy lifestyle.
I don't know your dog though, but it could work. Maybe give it a trial run once you get to the apartment.
Good luck with whatever you choose - either way sounds like quite the decision.

I can sure tell the frost hit. Birds are already going thru feed faster, no bugs. Back to using large hay rounds for livestock. Hate this time of year, ugh. Not a fan of winter.

Considering very soon to wean my calves. They are on full feed almost 4 months old. I want to get my cows bred back, late summer early fall calving worked out well. I've raised a lot of calves on bottles. These 2 being on their moms have grown so fast! And I want plenty of time training my little heifer Daisy to lead. My cow neighbor just purchased an Angus bull, so my girls may go to his place to be bred. I'm going to go meet the bull next weekend. Moose has begun showing very poor temperament so I won't breed him to them again. I keep considering AI but honestly am getting a lot of bad feedback on it. My little bull, Hershey is an Angus/Jersey cross, we like him. He's 5 months so no where near ready to be a herd sire yet.

Finally purchased a small inexpensive greenhouse from Amazon. Should have it by Thursday. Its only a 6x6 and if it really works out, I'll go bigger. My Dad just loves the fresh veggies, when the frost hit he said YUCK back to store bought stuff. I asked him if I should get a greenhouse. He thought we already had one!
greenhouse.jpg

Back
Top Bottom