INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Planning in trying out these Greenhouses as poultry runs and coops.
This 20' L x 10' W x 7' T will be a run covered in wire mesh and hardware cloth. I plan to try leaving the green cover on during winter to see how it holds up and to see if it makes winter easier on my flock. I'll leave one of the long sides rolled up for maximum ventilation and adjust it as needed. I plan to put this greenhouse run between my Garage and the Neighbors house. Keeps wind off two sides! Come spring I'll remove the green cover.
s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg
It'll look similar to this image when the green cover is removed exposing the wire mesh. Of course I'll have to frame the door for entry to the run.
**IMAGE FROM GOOGLE**
e5c8beaa1d3db3d829b03e88a01737b0.jpg

I also plan to try out this Small Green House as a coop attached to the run above. This greenhouse coop will be the doorway into the big hoop greenhouse/ run

It's Called: 8 Shelves 3 Tiers Walk In Door Outdoor Green House for Planter Portable
It's 4.5' wide x 4.5' long x 7' tall.
It's really cheap price, so I don't expect much from it. I plan to frame out a front and back door and windows. I will cut out the windows in the green cover and staple the green cover to the frame of the windows and doors. I plan to layer the frame with thick plastic for better thickness before putting on the Green Cover. It comes with 8 shelves which can be used for nesting boxes and the ducks to climb on.
s-l500.jpg
If all goes well with this experiment, I plan to buy more and setup breeding groups come spring. A local neighbor (over a mile away) uses these greenhouses but for his plants and says they hold up great. So hopefully I get the same luck! I will embrace the Greenhouses as needed.

Hey guys! Back from vacation. Went to Bass pro on my birthday, DH bought me new reels, and 2 tackle boxes. Some of my fishing gear is as far back as 1982 lol. Got out on the lake 3 days. Wanted to do more but went to visit family a couple days, we had friends out and just had a great time!
2 more ducklings from my Scovy hen, looks like last hatch this year. Think my BR pullets are due to lay any time, so I'm hopeful we will have plenty of eggs all winter.

Have not changed direction this year still plan keeping the same breeds. We have American Bresse, Black Copper Maran, EE/OE, lavender Ameruacana, White Leghorn and Barred Rock. We are still keeping Muscovy duck and Brown Chinese.
What breeds are working for you, whats not?

Today the local kids go Trick-or-Treating throughput the downtown businesses. DS always picks unusual costumes. This year he wanted to be "a tree." So here's his apple tree costume..... and we made our serama an apple. :lau
img_0397-jpg.1938819

For her efforts, the serama earned some leftover pumpkin seeds from the pumpkin catapult contest.

I'm on calf watch for 2 of my cows. Did not witness Daisy being bred but oh my she is big, udders are developing. Dixie is due in November possibly earlier. I know my Hereford ladies are bred but do not have a due date.
My barred rock are now laying so they finally met their rooster today! He has been a good boy and the boss of the rooster coop. They had a week of see don't touch. all my Mabel pullets (I call all my barred rock Mabel) Have had a week of see don't touch with my fella. We had 3 eggs last few days so its time they meet their rooster. I was impressed he was more concerned about his ladies laying and eating what he found for them. Now lets see how well he produces chicks. He was a 4H fella and has a large frame, excellent temperament.

Finally went out and did something exciting! But it involved getting lost in a woods in the dark. It was our woods and we weren't lost very long.
LOL sounds like fun what fueled that event? I've been lost once deer hunting 1987. It was my my DH at the time "teaching me" to use a compass. Found my way back and bagged a deer on the way!

Back
Top Bottom