Indiana Chickenfest 2014

Get ready for Chickenfest! - Updates!!

Bring lawn chairs if you want to sit outside in the beautiful weather!

Janet said that the tables/chairs inside are the vintage school cafeteria all-in-one types with swing-out seats. If anyone has/can get a roll of table covering, that would work better than table cloths. If someone can take care of this, please post, otherwise I'll get some in Indy. We are leaving soon. My phone is 812 453 5033 Julie Haddan

She also said that there is no air-conditioning in the Barn as previously thought, but fortunately we won't need it with the cooler weather!
If anyone desires, you can bring a fan.

I posted this last night on Indiana Thread

It's not too late to come to Chickenfest!

I've been busy preparing for Chickenfest! This evening I was making paper garlands, name tags, stickers, signs, packaging prizes, etc. My DH observed my devotion to the honor of chickens --lol--and said that he needs to form a Support Group for Spouses/Partners of BYC Indiana Members! haha He was just kidding me-- he enjoys the flock and know that I enjoy the thread. As I was working on Chickenfest, it reminded me of kinds the things I did for my kids' PTA/school events through the years. No wonder I went into "event mode" and started churning things out.

DH and I are leaving for Indy on Friday-- staying with friends Friday and Saturday nights and visiting DD on Sunday. I will bring Tshirt orders to people attending Chickenfest, but I won't have time to mail the others until Monday. I apologize, but besides Chickenfest, I've had actual job-work to do, so I'm my usual sleep-deprived self. Looking forward to a fun weekend.

@flyladyrocks

Great Job re your Indy Rezoning letter! I will print a copy of it to bring to Chickenfest as a reminder to people about sending in their comments.

[COLOR=A52A2A]Get ready for Chickenfest! - Updates!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=8B4513]Bring lawn chairs if you want to sit outside in the beautiful weather![/COLOR]

[COLOR=8B4513]Janet said that the tables/chairs inside are the vintage school cafeteria all-in-one types with swing-out seats. If anyone has/can get a roll of table covering, that would work better than table cloths. If someone can take care of this, please post, otherwise I'll get some in Indy. We are leaving soon. My phone is 812 453 5033  Julie Haddan[/COLOR]

[COLOR=8B4513]She also said that there is no air-conditioning in the Barn as previously thought, but fortunately we won't need it with the cooler weather![/COLOR]
[COLOR=8B4513]If anyone desires, you can bring a fan.[/COLOR]

I posted this last night on Indiana Thread

[COLOR=333333]
[COLOR=A52A2A]It's not too late to come to Chickenfest![/COLOR]

[COLOR=8B4513]I've been busy preparing for Chickenfest! This evening I was making paper garlands, name tags, stickers, signs, packaging prizes, etc. My DH observed my devotion to the honor of chickens --lol--and said that he needs to form a Support Group for Spouses/Partners of BYC Indiana Members! haha  He was just kidding me-- he enjoys the flock and know that I enjoy the thread. As I was working on Chickenfest, it reminded me of kinds the things I did for my kids' PTA/school events through the years. No wonder I went into "event mode" and started churning things out.   [/COLOR]

[COLOR=8B4513]DH and I are leaving for Indy on Friday-- staying with friends Friday and Saturday nights and visiting DD on Sunday. I will bring Tshirt orders to people attending Chickenfest, but I won't have time to mail the others until Monday. I apologize, but besides Chickenfest, I've had actual job-work to do, so I'm my usual sleep-deprived self. Looking forward to a fun weekend.[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]
[rule]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333][COLOR=005CB1]@flyladyrocks[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333][COLOR=8B4513]Great Job re your Indy Rezoning letter! I will print a copy of it to bring to Chickenfest as a reminder to people about sending in their comments.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

I brought 5 table covers (3 white plastic lined paper ones and two lavender plastic) also have SOME paperplates, napkins, plastic serving spoons, salt & pepper. Oh and a little something that can be used as a door prize. And a canopy t set up for shade over th chickens... I probably should hav just loaded up a UHaul! Lol

Last edited:
Still have the crap ton of chickens if anyone still wants any! Lol. Also can add 3 LF blue Cochins hatched beginning of Feb. MAY also consider selling my LF Cochin pair that have great type. I really don't want to sell them, but I'd like to make room for possibly getting more bantams to start a long term color project. Also still have a younger legbar pullet I'd be willing to sell.

Can't wait to see/meet everyone tomorrow!

Just wanted to let you all know, my son is on VEX Robotics team and is selling lollipops to raise money. He was planning on coming himself but is staying home to take care of dad, so I am bringing them. They are the best lollipops I have ever had. The are $1 a piece or $5 for 6.

Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!

Last edited:
How can we buy these shirts?

Send a PM to Mother2Hens and let her know u r interested, if they do a reorder (which I have a feeling it might happen) you can get info from her on how and when t order.
BTW Welcome t the thread. Stay a while n get t know us all! Or better yet...come to Chickenfest 2014. It's tomorrow 1-5p for info on where and so forth you'll have to look back in th posts (somewhere around #2995??? Maybe) there's a flyer posted with invite and info on it! We r gonna hav a blast!!! Can't wait! Hope t see u there!

DH and I probably won't make it to Chickenfest today, which sucks. However, we will instead traveling west to hopefully pick up a black Orp pullet. We are having a very hard time finding any and/or receiving timely responses from those who do, so we are jumping at any reasonable options. We need them to use in our lavender Orp breeding program.

Have fun, everyone! M2H, please let me know if you want me to msil a check or use PayPal via PM.

Mary

DH and I probably won't make it to Chickenfest today, which sucks. However, we will instead traveling west to hopefully pick up a black Orp pullet. We are having a very hard time finding any and/or receiving timely responses from those who do, so we are jumping at any reasonable options. We need them to use in our lavender Orp breeding program.

Have fun, everyone! M2H, please let me know if you want me to msil a check or use PayPal via PM.

Mary

Back
Top Bottom