Indiana Chickenfest 2014

big_smile.png
2 hours~~~~!

Im just leaving now. Well releaving lol. Didnt grab all the chickens and had to turn back around. Add to me over sleeping its been a fun hectic morning. I did stop and buy extra plates and plastic ware incase anyone forgets. I also bought a case of bottled water everyone is welcome to.

See you all in a couple hours!

I hope everybody had a great time and am looking forward to reading your tales of fun!

Our drive out west to pick up a black Orpington pullet was successful and worth the trip. The lady has a small flock (no two exactly alike), and this pullet was hatched in one of her school classrooms the first week of May. This pullet was handled a LOT and is very sweet and tame. We're happy we made the trip. We still need a few more pullets, so if anyone has or knows someone with black Orpingtons (preferably English), please PM me.

After we came home, we processed two of our third season SL Wyandottes that had stopped laying--and boy, had they! Sorriest looking ovaries ever. For DH and me, processing a chicken is like an upper body workout at the gym. We have three more SLW's to process over the next few weeks, then we'll be finished for a while. I dread when the time comes to process the rest of our older girls because our Australorps and hatchery Buff Orps are generally very nice birds, which the Wyandottes weren't. Cross that bridge when we come to it! As long as they're layin', they're stayin'!

We had a great time at the campgrounds. The temps stayed on the cool side and lots of shade around. My children loved the area and the playground. Than you very much to every one who helped put this together.

I had a fabulous time today! Got to meet and greet the most amazing people! Poor Chickee was tied to a tree all day I feel so bad! She's mad at me now! Because I won't let her near the "new" birds. She'll b fine by bedtime. Thanks to SallyinIndianas children she was kept entertained most of th day!

She's wanting the fuzzy peach sucker I bought today...lol.

Hey wait...did you hear that...yep that what I thought, it's my bed, it's calling me... I'm beat!!! Hope everyone had a good time! Looking forward to next one...lol. Yes already! Lmbo! Thanks again everyone for making me feel welcome!

Back
Top Bottom