Indoor Pet Chickens

the chicken in my profile picture is the only chicken that comes in and she stays in a dog pet carrier! she has crook neck and freaks out during the winter i keep her in usually the end of november till late march if you have to wear a winter coat then she comes in :D shes paper trained so her droppings arent much of a problem there...
some people are probably thinking paper trained? :D yes she truly is its amazing she walks freely around my house and greets me home at the door i have 3 dogs that keep her company

Lol your all funny. I have a small hen who lives inside :) she is diapered 24-7. No smell. She's bathed once a week or every other week with my dogs. She loves car rides! She loves to sit at work with me :) they can make an amazing indoor pet. The only mess is when she spills her food I. Her crate. But I put down fleece blankets so it's easy clean. I change her diaper 4-5 times a day. She sleeps in her crate at night too and if she has to stay home she in her crate.

I've got two little Seramas that I keep in my house. I converted a large rabbit hutch into a rather nice coop. It's two stories so it gives them a little extra room. They are actually as cuddly as my cats and rather enjoy sleeping in my lap or on the sofa. However, when I let them "free range" in the house I either put down a lot of newspaper or follow behind them with paper towels..... Unfortunately they aren't litter trained. . I have recently ordered "chicken diapers" and although I'm a little embarrassed by the idea, I am quite excited
My Seramas are about the size of a large pomegranate so they are quite happy staying inside.

Back
Top Bottom