Indoor Pet Silkie

Or if you are not going to get another chicken i still think that your silkie will need some sort of other animal.
The best bet is probably getting a rabbit because they create great friendships and they can live in the same indoor coop.

I would use dry straw for the bedding because the rabbit and the chicken would love it.
jumpy.gif

Hope that helps

yes she gets outside alot, during the summer she is outside more than in...winters are cold here and since she doesn't have a buddy to snuggle up with outside, she only goes out on warmer days. She has bonded with our golden retriever, she loves him and snuggles up to him when she is out of her cage and he lays next to her cage alot...it is the cutest thing. She is with us all day and evening, rarely is she alone. We recently got a kitten and he loves her, she puts him in his place, but she has lots of activiity around her so she shouldn't be too lonely. I don't think I could handle another chicken at this time...but if she seems too lonely I will consider it. She is one year old now and seems to be quite happy :)

Sounds like she is one happy chicken!!! Now knowing she has lots of other companionships I think she is fine as an only. :).

I have a Belgan Bearded D'Anver inside. shes special needs :) we just have her in a dog crate with potty pads down but she is diapered 24/7 so we don't have to worry about smell and clean up :) muffy is her name!! shes amazing

hello!!!!!!!!!! I have an indoor d"anver hen who wares diapers :) no pellets or shavings! easy and clean. also she gets a bath every week so she stays clean and dosnt have any dander. chickens don't carry dieses and crap like people think.. really they r as healthy and clean as u keep them. you bring in a chicken w lice yes it has lice but anything can have live when you get it. always check!!

Back
Top Bottom