Indoor Pet Silkie

Sounds like she is one happy chicken!!! Now knowing she has lots of other companionships I think she is fine as an only.
smile.png

muffy is a lone hen too. they are social yes.. but some prefur human company to other savage birds haha. unless they are lethargic and sad they don't need a buddy really as long as they have you their with the. muffy plys with the dogs n chases the cats :)

hello!!!!!!!!!! I have an indoor d"anver hen who wares diapers :) no pellets or shavings! easy and clean. also she gets a bath every week so she stays clean and dosnt have any dander. chickens don't carry dieses and crap like people think.. really they r as healthy and clean as u keep them. you bring in a chicken w lice yes it has lice but anything can have live when you get it. always check!!

Also, there's a "new" kid on the block in the way of beddings. It's called Koop Clean. It's a combo of chopped hay and an ingredient that helps absorb moisture. Getting some today so can't speak to it first hand but the reviews were outstanding. The con: Bit expensive. $14 to $16 a bag.

Do you still want one we have in indoor roo that we unfortunately have to get rid of. He is a great companion and loves people. It is so hard to find in indoor home, he is for free!

We used the pine kitty litter with no additives when the chicks were young. They were fine with it, that said it does get expensive so I'd look into the hay or natural wood chips from a sawmill or the likes. I was told anything but cedar...that is apparently really bad for them.
I also heard three chickens was the minimum you should have so they can establish a pecking order...but indoor as a pet is different I believe.

Back
Top Bottom