INFO ON GOATS? I NEED HELP WITH THIS PROJECT...

Ok, some questions about pygmy goats:

1) How much milk do they produce?

2) How much do they cost per year?

3) How much space do they need?

4) What housing set up should they have?

5) Do pygmy bucks smell as rank? I am figuring they do, but not certain.

6) Are they more exspensive to obtain?

Thanks for answering my questions!

Quote:
If you are looking for miniature milk goats, get Nigerian Dwarfs. They produce a lot more milk than Pygmies.

You could join the TotallyNaturalGoats group on Facebook. They have a breeder directory you could look through. That is where I got those links from.

I wish I had the internet when I had my goats I didn't know enough and I thought they were like a dog you feed them spend time with them play with them we played chase a lot and just feed them from hand. But I didn't relize how much room they had to have and I fed them sweet feed all the time sometimes they get veggies I have them out on a lead to graze but this was no way to have them I have them for nearly 10 years my goat Daisy I am not sure what she had I never could get weight on her she got worms and it was abattle to get rid of them I hear you never get rid of them but I did, She had some sort of bleeding I came out one day I feed my goats firt and Daisy had black stuff all over the pen I just knew it was her I put my finger in her hole BUM and this watery and back stuff came out of course it is Sat. and no vet is in I called all over trying to find a very that knew of gaots U found a horse vet I expalined all to him and said if this wa a horse and all was going on what could it be he said somthing she ate or she had cancer I thought for a long time she had cancer.
Around 5:00 I when to check on her and a big clot wa hanging out her bum I know this was not to go further I told my husband we need to end her life he did with one shot of a 22 she went down. we opened her up and tried to find out what it was I have seen many intestines and know the color they should be but the color they were was not right and it appeared the intestine died I can't say how this happened but this is what I think. He friend Patunia lost weight and I was trying to get her back up in weight I think she missed her friend she has been withb her most of her life she was about 4 months old when I got Daisy I had moved her to a new play to graze and the next morning she was dead bloat. this is something you have to watch for it kiils fast and you have to act fast to. I have not read all the things on here but I think you should here of this boat I am not sure how it happens they eat to much or something ???? but the stomach sweels up and it pushes on the diapham and they can't breath and die she had not been dead long about a week after she died and we put her next to Daisy I was out on the back deck crying I missed her I had her from 10 weeks old. My husband said of getting another one I declined I never should of had a goat in the first place I don't have the land or had the knowledge I have now and I was not goingto have another one.
I am like so many out here that I didn't know what I was doing I got a animal with no knowledge thing to only fed it and do what you do with all animals but there is much more. I have chickens and I didn't know what I got into with them I had chicks my first time and thought all went well LUCKY FOR ME I didn't know they don't grow that fast and they need to have more then a container and a large dog crate and then a coop and fencing to keep them in I was nly going to have them to eat but these chickens are not for eating they are to lay and the one you eat have a short life (CRONISH ROCKS) which I didn't know this.

I think I have learned thet you need to find out things BEFORE you get the animals and be able to do right by them.

Al, the question that have been ask here on this I should of askede BEFORE I got my goats. WELL DONE you will be a excellent owner and bt you will have top rate goats and win a lot of times.

GOOD LUCK

Rhayden

It sounds like she may have had Johnes.
Bloat is cause by eating too much of something they are not used to, such as switching what you feed them too fast. I have some mostly grass hay, and when we got mostly alfalfa I gradually switched over. You can easily treat minor bloat by feeding them some fresh peppermint and rubbing olive oil with a few drops of peppermint EO in it on their left side.

Bloat in general can be fast and devastating. I lost a very special doeling from it earlier this year. Of course it happened at night, on a weekend holiday, and I could not get a hold of the vet. I did everything I could for her, and I still lost her by morning.

This is a good article about it. It explains the two different types of bloat, what causes them, symptoms, and how to treat. A bottle of bloat release is a great thing to have on hand in a goat medicine cabinet.

Bloat in general can be fast and devastating. I lost a very special doeling from it earlier this year. Of course it happened at night, on a weekend holiday, and I could not get a hold of the vet. I did everything I could for her, and I still lost her by morning.

This is a good article about it. It explains the two different types of bloat, what causes them, symptoms, and how to treat. A bottle of bloat release is a great thing to have on hand in a goat medicine cabinet.
I will definetly remember that when I go "goat shopping". I don't want to lose any goats. That would make me really :-(
I have a problem with turning livestock into pets. Lol.
tongue.png

You can easily treat minor bloat by feeding them some fresh peppermint and rubbing olive oil with a few drops of peppermint EO in it on their left side.

This is great to know, we are huge into Essential Oils!

Thanks for sharing this. The more I have in my arsenal, the better.
wink.png

I wish I had the internet when I had my goats I didn't know enough and I thought they were like a dog you feed them spend time with them play with them we played chase a lot and just feed them from hand. But I didn't relize how much room they had to have and I fed them sweet feed all the time sometimes they get veggies I have them out on a lead to graze but this was no way to have them I have them for nearly 10 years my goat Daisy I am not sure what she had I never could get weight on her she got worms and it was abattle to get rid of them I hear you never get rid of them but I did, She had some sort of bleeding I came out one day I feed my goats firt and Daisy had black stuff all over the pen I just knew it was her I put my finger in her hole BUM and this watery and back stuff came out of course it is Sat. and no vet is in I called all over trying to find a very that knew of gaots U found a horse vet I expalined all to him and said if this wa a horse and all was going on what could it be he said somthing she ate or she had cancer I thought for a long time she had cancer.
Around 5:00 I when to check on her and a big clot wa hanging out her bum I know this was not to go further I told my husband we need to end her life he did with one shot of a 22 she went down. we opened her up and tried to find out what it was I have seen many intestines and know the color they should be but the color they were was not right and it appeared the intestine died I can't say how this happened but this is what I think. He friend Patunia lost weight and I was trying to get her back up in weight I think she missed her friend she has been withb her most of her life she was about 4 months old when I got Daisy I had moved her to a new play to graze and the next morning she was dead bloat. this is something you have to watch for it kiils fast and you have to act fast to. I have not read all the things on here but I think you should here of this boat I am not sure how it happens they eat to much or something ???? but the stomach sweels up and it pushes on the diapham and they can't breath and die she had not been dead long about a week after she died and we put her next to Daisy I was out on the back deck crying I missed her I had her from 10 weeks old. My husband said of getting another one I declined I never should of had a goat in the first place I don't have the land or had the knowledge I have now and I was not goingto have another one.
I am like so many out here that I didn't know what I was doing I got a animal with no knowledge thing to only fed it and do what you do with all animals but there is much more. I have chickens and I didn't know what I got into with them I had chicks my first time and thought all went well LUCKY FOR ME I didn't know they don't grow that fast and they need to have more then a container and a large dog crate and then a coop and fencing to keep them in I was nly going to have them to eat but these chickens are not for eating they are to lay and the one you eat have a short life (CRONISH ROCKS) which I didn't know this.

I think I have learned thet you need to find out things BEFORE you get the animals and be able to do right by them.

Al, the question that have been ask here on this I should of askede BEFORE I got my goats. WELL DONE you will be a excellent owner and bt you will have top rate goats and win a lot of times.

GOOD LUCK

Rhayden

I'm so sorry for your loss, that's horrible.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom