INJURED DUCK! Please help!!

The way she is standing is odd. Could be the injury to her neck making her stand that way. The green poop is from not eating much.
Could you have accidentally pressed on her chest? I have done this before picked up one of my ducks right after they drank water and the pressure on their crop caused them to spit up water. Good to hear you found no wounds other than the one scabbed over. I think she has a neck injury and these do take time to heal. But she really needs some nourishment you might want to consider tube feeding her. Until she starts eating on her own. I'll get you the info and you can decide. But I know it can feel intimidating but actually, once you do it one time it goes well.

Last edited:
I’m worried she’s now got some sort of respiratory illness, I can see through her nostrils but she’s been shaking her head and I’m worried as I’ve been feeder her water this week maybe some got into her lungs?

Or by checking her neck we’ve damaged her airways

I’m really worried
That is always a possibility when we try and give them liquids. Do you have access to any antibiotics human of animal?
info on administering liquids
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tube-feeding-ducks-updated-5-7-2020.1211994/

Last edited:
Poor duck... Something is definitely not as it should be.
Does she lay down at all?
Could it be that she's not able to keep her balance otherwise? Or that her keel is hurt?

What I personally would try, and @Miss Lydia probably will let you know if she agrees or not, Is fill a bucket with clean water (not icecold, not hot either ofcourse) And put her in their for a moment. Under supervision of course. hold her for a moment when you put her in the bucket, don't want to cause a panic reaction.

I would try this just to see if she moves to bit more normal position or stays this way/tumbles over. In which case you are there to prevent this.

Please be very careful an make sure she is dried well after. because she probably can't do this herself.

[Edit: I did see you put her in the pond, but some time has gone by now.. and in a bucket you can see if things have improved/got worse]

Back
Top Bottom