Injured Duck

Whatever the white blob was, it came off and left a somewhat tender looking wound, but it looks like what a healing wound should look like.

Last edited:
Fish's wing is really stiff, to the point were she can't bend it very well. Considering the way she used it the morning we found her I don't think it's broken, but should I worry?

Figured as much, but like I've said a lot, just wanted to make sure! I'm a newbie and would rather keep my mistakes at minimum Makes me feel bad about picking her up, though. Poor stiff ducky!

Last edited:
I'm thinking like Celtic said warm water swimming will help alot. it's just going to take time and TLC.
fl.gif
[she may not let you but if you could soak just her wing like dipping into a small bucket with warm epsom salt water it may help]

Well, it was a opossum! I went out and set the live trap by the chicken coop and stood around waiting for my brother to set the other, blissfully unaware of anything. I heard rustling and thought it was the chickens..until i heard it at my feet. Assuming it was a toad, I was NOT prepared for the opossum face looking at me. Scared me SO bad.

Well, it was a opossum! I went out and set the live trap by the chicken coop and stood around waiting for my brother to set the other, blissfully unaware of anything. I heard rustling and thought it was the chickens..until i heard it at my feet. Assuming it was a toad, I was NOT prepared for the opossum face looking at me. Scared me SO bad.
Yow!

I found myself face to face (about a foot apart) with a very young, small possum in my basement once. Long story.

How long should it take before Fish can hold her wing normally? It will have been 2 weeks Sunday and she still can't hold it right. I'll post pictures when the computer will work, but could that hint at some other problem? Otherwise she has healed fine. She's eating normally and is out of risk of infection.

How long should it take before Fish can hold her wing normally? It will have been 2 weeks Sunday and she still can't hold it right. I'll post pictures when the computer will work, but could that hint at some other problem? Otherwise she has healed fine. She's eating normally and is out of risk of infection.
I have no idea but when you pull the wing out from her side does it look at the normal angle? and then when she folds it back in does it sit normal at first? she could have had a break and it will just take more time to heal. Are you giving her water therapy? good way to build muscles that have been damaged.

Back
Top Bottom