International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

View attachment 3262812
Last year BCM pullet daughter of CTB over Madonna . She is very big. I need to catch her laying to see the colour of her egg. Chooks man
she is Gazelle daughter not Madonna .we did not breed MAdonna last time . .she is SpringBuck sister . very big ,she is going to replace her mama in the breeding pen .
she will be bred to LoveSong son { OperaHouse }. half sibling pairing .
chooks man

View attachment 3262786
Splash copper cockerel last year hatch. Khabib s son. He is a cull high tail angle and shorter back . He is asquare type. Chooks man
this guy is not Khabib son ,he is Shamrock son Djamal . photo was taken side way made him look square ,he is very big and long . his tail is a little long
chooks man

View attachment 3260561
Last year cockerels . Dark silver cuckoo . Chooks man
this is a pen with 20 cockerels ,troubles maker .
this cuckoo cockerel has a very bad comb all damaged from fighting .love his body type and low tail angle .he is super long and wide .short on his feet compare to his brothers . he has a parasitic white on his tail . love his deep chest .
I ll breed him to my big splash and Blue hens with high tail to test the balancing theory ,see if does work or it is just a theory .
if the theory is correct I should get 50% of the progeny with a big long body type and correct tail angle ,other 50% the should be big with high tail angle .
I m trying to understand if tail trails are sex linked or not .theory say they are not linked , I need to test it for my book .I can not repeat what other peoples said .
chooks man

View attachment 3260568
Conan the barbarian 3years old no parasitic white plus he is huge complete body pattern . His daughters are gorgeous. Chooks man
sorry this guy is not Conan the barbarian he is actually his son . the best out of the BLC .no parasitic white I m not sure how is his mama . BLC hen for sure ,one of the 4 hens I used . I like him a lot , keeper for sure .will be used over LoveSong and Madonna to produce a strain without parasitic white .
chooks man

here my first pairing of this breeding season . pen 1 Black copper hens .
LoveSong ;
1664167419132.png

Madonna;
1664167490218.png

first pairing will be to LoveSong Son OperaHouse for 5 weeks '
1664167757620.png

the 2nd pairing will be with BLC cockerels CTB son '
1664167909949.png

third pairing will be to BC cockerel Gazelle son SpringBuck ;to produce big solid chooks
1664168140003.png

all they progeny with all the 3 cockerels should be well coloured . the difference will be is size ,comb type ,tail type and parasitic white .
all pullets will have complete hackle marking .that is a theory any way .ley test it .
chooks man

breeding pen #2 = Solid Black
Dark Angel Blue hens
1664169621337.png

solid Black hen a best one lay dark egg not as dark as Dark angel but up there #6 most of the time .Zoreatta she is massive with a great comb .
1664169837185.png

another solid black hen Zuzu .
1664169999929.png

all the 3 hens lay dark eggs plus they are big correct type with lovely small tails .
cockerel 1 to be used over him is Amor son s , 6 weeks each .
first is this one no name yet =
1664170287497.png

second will be his brother =

1664170342307.png

I will be expecting all solid black and Blue pullets plus almost all black and blue cockerels .some cockerels will be solid black . most of the pullets should lay dark eggs .and they should be all big birds with a correct tail. . expecting some cockerels will have parasitic white but not all of them .it is a theory any way we will know in a year time .
I m working with a small breeding pens to get a best out my chooks ,it is harder but better .
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom