Intervention: Helping Your Chicks Hatch

Pics
When you start your next hatch, perhaps start a separate thread and update progress. That way someone can tell you if you're doing anything wrong from the get go. I'm sorry about this. It sucks. :(
Thank you and everyone else so much for helping me today. But yes I sure will I'll post daily and keep a better calendar on temp humidity and everything I do step bystep. I'm devastated and will never eat eggs again after seeing them grown and dead. Thanks so much. Everyone

They will have it.
They have cheap thermometers in the fish tank section.
I bought both of these at Walmart.

I keep four or six thermometers in my incubator at all times.
having thermometer spread out in the incubator allows you to know where your hot and cold spots are.

Run your incubator empty for three or four days and keep an eye on each thermometer so you know where the hot spots are.

Hot spots will kill A lot faster than a cooler spot.View attachment 2024839
Thanks I took a snap shot so I'm sure to get the rite things I need next time.

Attachments

• 15815393271582285017692740935663.jpg
    15815393271582285017692740935663.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 2
Looks different than the rest that was dead. I know this one is dead it's kinda hard to move around. Somewhat stiff and weird color inside egg.???

Looks different than the rest that was dead. I know this one is dead it's kinda hard to move around. Somewhat stiff and weird color inside egg.???
this one looks like maybe it died in the last 48 hours. Green at the bottom of the shell looks like poop.

Would it be ok to leave them in my rocker next time till they start piping.

Thank you and everyone else so much for helping me today. But yes I sure will I'll post daily and keep a better calendar on temp humidity and everything I do step bystep. I'm devastated and will never eat eggs again after seeing them grown and dead. Thanks so much. Everyone
Ok I got four that's iffy. Looks like a little veins are left. I'll leave them till tomorrow and check again but I'm probably gonna have no luck here. Thanks everyone for your time.

I know this is not going to make sense but thermometers are wrong sometimes... Especially the ones that come installed in an incubator.
You can't trust that it's reading correctly so you need to buy a separate thermometer or three of them and calibrate them so you know they are reading correctly.
I would not pay attention to the reading on the screen on your incubator.
Pay attention and trust your calibrated thermometers in the incubator... Once you purchase them.https://www.foodrepublic.com/2011/04/04/how-to-calibrate-your-food-thermometer/
That's good for food therms, which have a wide range....but might not work on other therms.

Ok so they are already celebrated when purchased??
Most thermometers are not calibrated, except some food therms and human medical therms. I used a human thermometer for testing/comparison before I bought a good food thermometer.(note the range and accuracy)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...incubator-thermometers-and-hygrometers.73634/

Back
Top Bottom