Intro with chicken pics

tiki chiki

Chirping
Oct 21, 2015
Hi!! I'm new to chickens (as of this Feb) but love it so far! We have a flock of 6:

Penguin- our outgoing, silly but oh so untough black silkie roo
Mugatu- cutest, lovable, talkative and hugable white silkie hen, can't say enough great things about her!
Agnes- speckled sussex hen- #1 huntress award, she's the most feral in that she would definitely survive in the wild
Stella- "big hen on campus" cuckoo marans, benevolent head hen/major glutton, always comes running
Artemis- super-friendly, super adorable Ameraucana hen, also always comes running but lowest on the "big hen" pecking order (she's in the front in the 1st pic- don't have a good head shot of her that I can find easily)
Dottie- super large and talkative (but most skiddish) black australorp hen, heart of gold and so pretty but not very outgoing with people

We are in New Jersey and try to free range as best we can but we have a lot of predators out here including a hawk nest in the front yard, other hawks (red tails) overhead that have come down, eagles nearby, foxes and raccoons galore, occasional coyotes.

We also keep bees and have a big garden (and beginning of a small orchard).

We are in it for the fun of the chickens and for the eggs (mainly personal consumption and gifting to friends)

I'm considering expanding the flock because I love it! but we'll see :)

Anyway Hello and LOVE THIS SITE!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I love the flock - great breeds with great names!

Hi, I just welcomed you on your post about cohabitation of roos but wanted to say how nice to see your flock pictures!
thumbsup.gif

Hello and :welcome We are glad you joined us! :) I love your flock! Such great, cute, and funny looking birds. ;) :p This is a great site to share your experiences, ask questions, and learn all sorts of stuff about chickens!

CherrisBrood~

Hi, Tiki Chiki! Was great to see those "portraits" of each bird in your flock as well as read the descriptions of their personalities. Welcome and hope to hear/see more about their adventures in the future. I'm new too and haven't any chickens yet as I'm still in the plotting and scheming stage, so I appreciate being able to enjoy everyone else's chickens in the interim. :)

Back
Top Bottom