Is a chicken considered a fowl or a bird? Can it be considered a pet?

And consider the possibility of someone new moving into your area after you have had these chickens for a while. Maybe even years. I had something like that happen here. Almost everyone on my street has a track car. (Drag racer) we all work on them in the summer. They are loud. They are rumbling when we start them. We have been doing this for years. A new family moved in and the woman calls the cops every time any one of us starts our cars, or even rolls them out of the garage now. 🙄 And it is like noon on a Saturday not late at night or anything disrespectful. Thankfully we are all in compliance with our city laws so the cops just come out and enjoy a long look at our cars. Haha! But she calls them, all season long. So we are in compliance and braking no laws but she still thinks that because SHE doesn't like it that the cops will make an exception for her and force all of us to get rid of our cars if she bothers them enough. Not how it works. So keep that in mind if you get chickens. You may end up with a busy body causing issues.

Thankfully we are all in compliance with our city laws so the cops just come out and enjoy a long look at our cars. Haha! But she calls them, all season long. So we are in compliance and braking no laws but she still thinks that because SHE doesn't like it that the cops will make an exception for her and force all of us to get rid of our cars if she bothers them enough. Not how it works. So keep that in mind if you get chickens. You may end up with a busy body causing issues.
Have you tried talking to her? Maybe ask her if there are certain hours that won't bother her as much? I think many of this year's problems are caused by people who call the cops for things that can be solved by talking to their neighbors.

I wasn't allowed to have "livestock" in my old neighborhood. I gave my neighbors free eggs now and then, and no one ever complained. I actually bought the eggs from the supermarket and repackaged them, because I only had 6 hens and they were not laying that many eggs.
I love it! Sounds like something I would do if I had to! Keep the neighbors happy! 😂

And consider the possibility of someone new moving into your area after you have had these chickens for a while. Maybe even years. I had something like that happen here. Almost everyone on my street has a track car. (Drag racer) we all work on them in the summer. They are loud. They are rumbling when we start them. We have been doing this for years. A new family moved in and the woman calls the cops every time any one of us starts our cars, or even rolls them out of the garage now. 🙄 And it is like noon on a Saturday not late at night or anything disrespectful. Thankfully we are all in compliance with our city laws so the cops just come out and enjoy a long look at our cars. Haha! But she calls them, all season long. So we are in compliance and braking no laws but she still thinks that because SHE doesn't like it that the cops will make an exception for her and force all of us to get rid of our cars if she bothers them enough. Not how it works. So keep that in mind if you get chickens. You may end up with a busy body causing issues.
That is so frustrating! That is who we feel with our horse trails in the area. THEy give us 1 trail, and it is the MUDDIEST trail ever! They maintain every other trail in the park BUT that one. They did let us break the rules for a bit as long as there weren't many people around, so on week days. Then, like the same thing that happened with you cars, the annoying people came around, and tattled because there were horse prints in the trail, and there was poop, kicked out of the trail in the bushes. SO annoying.

Have you tried talking to her? Maybe ask her if there are certain hours that won't bother her as much? I think many of this year's problems are caused by people who call the cops for things that can be solved by talking to their neighbors.
Yeah. The cops tried to do a mediation one day. She said she will call the cops every time until they do something to stop us working on our cars. And we just laughed.

Yeah. The cops tried to do a mediation one day. She said she will call the cops every time until they do something to stop us working on our cars. And we just laughed.
Laughing at your neighbor probably isn't helping. That is the kind of thing that makes people mad and frustrated and talk to city council about making new ordinances.

Back
Top Bottom