Is anyone locking down for Avian flu?

Hahaha, I try to only look about once a day for that very reason!!
lau.gif

Hi all

Getting a bit fed up now. I spent an hour 'securing' my poly tunnel last night only to wake up this morning and it had gone! It was a tangled mess on the park land next to my house!
he.gif

I tried to move it before work but couldn't so had to leave it. Took me ages to disassemble -ish tonight and have thrown it in back garden in disgust ha ha. Even have some of the bigger bits on my front lawn. I hope it is not stolen for scrap metal ha ha.

How is everyone else doing?

Oh dear, that is so sickening. Can your tunnel be re-erected? Everything is such a soggy mess now. Really hope the lockdown is not extended beyond February.
I hope so but might need a bit of welding as some of the posts have bent or snapped.

I know what you mean about soggy-I have fallen about four times now due to the mud ha ha.

Please please let it not be extended! I only got my first hens in May so this has been a huge learning curve. I just want it to be spring and avian flu free ha ha.

Oh dear, poor you - what a difficult first winter for you. I am struggling as I have 40 birds and usually keep them in electric fence runs (two separate pens) on new grass every six weeks. Lots of little feet mushing up the ground and no grass to be seen now. Will probably put down some bark chips but they will soon mash them into the mud. How many birds do you have and what breeds?

Oh dear, poor you - what a difficult first winter for you. I am struggling as I have 40 birds and usually keep them in electric fence runs (two separate pens) on new grass every six weeks. Lots of little feet mushing up the ground and no grass to be seen now. Will probably put down some bark chips but they will soon mash them into the mud. How many birds do you have and what breeds?

Oh that sounds amazing! I wish I had room for that many - mine are in my back garden ha ha. Mind you, I have spent hundreds raising and securing the fences and have bought two coops within the 6 or so months.
I initially adopted 4 ex batts - 2 marans Brenda and Sofia ; 2 white leghorns Talula and Mabel. Sadly Mabel had to be PTS after a week due to baggy crop. A few months ago I adopted 3 black silkies, 2 miniature: Jacky, Nancy and Bridget. Their owner didn't want them any more. Plan to get a couple more ex batts in spring.

What do you have?

I have a Black Australop cockerel with three wives, one buff Orpington, one Speckled Sussex, quite a few white leghorns (9?) some Light Sussex, Rhode Island Reds including a
Cockerel, a Couple of Peking bantams, a Buff Sussex and various hybrids. This year I am going to breed more Australians to sell and some RiRs also some RIR cockerel x Leghorn and Light Sussex hybrids in hope of some better layers. I was lucky enough to inherit a modest field so have been able to go a bit crazy!

Back
Top Bottom