Is anyone using the Premier "heat plate" brooder for chicks?

Pics
Ive finally felt the courage to try this with chicks. We are having to put it on the highest setting. And even then they are avoiding the entire thing.

I definitely feel this could use some improvement in regards to the heating.

Hmm... You probably saw this on the box as well - a temperature control that is sold separately? I wonder if that would work, although I do not think Premier was selling it.

Hmm... You probably saw this on the box as well - a temperature control that is sold separately? I wonder if that would work, although I do not think Premier was selling it.
Hmm that might get the price back up to Brinsea level?
I don't see the temp control on the premiere website.

Wonder if you could use a dimmer cord?

Last edited:
I use those dimmer cords on my other brooding options....

Is anyone willing to call Premier to see if they sell the thermostat and what the price is? I would do it later if no one else has the time but I'm at work right now.

I use those dimmer cords on my other brooding options....

Is anyone willing to call Premier to see if they sell the thermostat and what the price is? I would do it later if no one else has the time but I'm at work right now.
They are great via email too...I got them to add the dimensions and pic of cover last week, within half a day, they were very responsive and communicative.

Quote:
Okay. I just sent an email asking if they sell it (and price if so) and, if not, where it can be purchased.
caf.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom