Is anyone using the Premier "heat plate" brooder for chicks?

Pics
The website is now showing the large heating plate on back order until 5/12! I called the company and my order that was originally back ordered until April 1st was filled and shipped this morning. Hopefully everyone who was waiting will get there order soon.

The website is now showing the large heating plate on back order until 5/12! I called the company and my order that was originally back ordered until April 1st was filled and shipped this morning. Hopefully everyone who was waiting will get there order soon.

My 3 shipped today too! Yay!!

My 3 week old chicks voluntarily slept away from my homemade heat 'plate' in favor of cuddling in a corner last night, they are still inside in a 63 degree room....so I unplugged the heating pad.

My heating plate got shipped out today too. I couldn't believe it! It is suppose to be here by the 3rd
thumbsup.gif

Finally. I was hoping you'd chime in and let us know when it ships.

thumbsup.gif

Finally. I was hoping you'd chime in and let us know when it ships.
I am pretty happy. I have chicks in the house (because they were dying from it being too cold in the barn). The plan was to let them feather out some, so around 2-3 weeks, then put them in the barn with the heating plate. These current chicks are 16 days old, so thank goodness it is coming! I like this process though, I might just do that with every batch from here on.

I have prime on Amazon and get shipping free. I paid about $1 each for 12. A little scimpy sp but work.

Can you post the link for the $1 ones? I can't find any that cheap on the Amazon site.

My 3 shipped today too! Yay!!

I have an Eco-Glow, but I ordered 1 large and 1 small plate from Premier several weeks ago. I got the notice today that they shipped!

Good timing! Besides the 2 boxes of chicks I already have in the mud room, I have TWO incubators full of eggs, and I have an order of chicks coming. I didn't know what I was going to do if they didn't hurry and send those plates!

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I've noticed a few of my chicks have what looks like small callouses or burns on their back and top of head. A few also seem to have bald spots on their backs from where they must be pressing up against the plate. I'm not sure if that's what has happened, but it seems the best explanation.

Is that because I didn't raise it enough? I was so paranoid that they'd be cold..... Is anyone else noticing that?

Back
Top Bottom