Is it a bad sign for an internal layer/ egg yolk peritonitis?

Sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

-Kathy

I am so sorry for your loss, you did a great job with her. She had the best care and was so loved. Sending you hugs your way. :hugs

I am so sorry for your loss, you did a great job with her. She had the best care and was so loved. Sending you hugs your way.
hugs.gif

Thanks a lot, pwand. Thank you for supporting me and Deckie. Your words helped a lot to me. I am also sending big hugs to you.
hugs.gif

The night before she died, I knew that she was not gonna make it so I put a white warm blanket around her so she could lay down easily. and,Peacefully she closed her eyes when I petted her.
I didn't ( couldn't ) check her between then.. I thought that she wanted to be alone.
After she puked some blood and fluids ( I saw some blood spots on the wall later), I heard that some noise that she fell off... when my husband saw her, she was on the ground... I couldn't see her when she died. I was too sad, even though she died at this time.

Unknowingly I was very attached to her.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, pwand.  Thank you for supporting me and Deckie.   Your words helped a lot to me.  I am also sending big hugs to you. :hugs  

The night before she died, I knew that she was not gonna make it so I put a white warm blanket around her so she could lay down easily. and,Peacefully she closed her eyes when I petted her.
 I didn't ( couldn't ) check her between then.. I thought that she wanted to be alone.  
After she puked some blood and fluids ( I saw some blood spots on the wall), I heard that some noise that she fell off... when my husband saw her, she was on the ground... I couldn't see her when she died. I was too sad, even though she died at this time.

Unknowingly I was very attached to her.
It does not take much to get attached. We remember all the joys and love they gave us. Hold on to those good memories you had with Deckie. :hugs

So very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful girl Deckie was. I always clicked your story first every day to see how she was doing. Like a lot here I would guess, I got quite attached to both her and bumpy.
You did everything you could and more, I'm sure she knew that.
Take some time for yourself now.
I can't believe she's gone. What a brave little chicken she was.
God bless.

hensinthehOUse: I am so sorry you have lost your Deckie. She had a very good life with you.

And her destiny: to be so lucky that little chick was selected by some one's hand to be sent to your home...I cannot think of a luckier chicken. I look at your birds up on that pristine white roost knowing that she wanted for nothing.

Our Rosey continues with her battle but puts up a good fight as well. I envision her transitioning to the place where Deckie is going... while lying on some sunny slope in spring or summer grasses with sweet smells around her, with bugs buzzing by, and contentment that she led a full life that every chicken should have.

Bless you hensinthehOUse and thank you for sharing Deckie's story with us. We've learned so much.

Amy

Last edited:
So very sorry for your loss. What a beautiful girl Deckie was. I always clicked your story first every day to see how she was doing. Like a lot here I would guess, I got quite attached to both her and bumpy.
You did everything you could and more, I'm sure she knew that.
Take some time for yourself now.
I can't believe she's gone. What a brave little chicken she was.
God bless.

Thank you a lot, Shabana. Thanks a lot for supporting and encouraging me and Deckie. I say to my self " No regrets"... :)
Thanks a lot for caring for my chickens. Bumpy is fine. She is running around and looking for our dog food whenever she has a chance, that is her favorite food for some reason.
I don't let her to eat it, but sometimes I forget to take the food bowl away when Bumpy is free.

Thank you again, Shabana.
hugs.gif

hensinthehOUse: I am so sorry you have lost your Deckie. She had a very good life with you.

And her destiny: to be so lucky that little chick was selected by some one's hand to be sent to your home...I cannot think of a luckier chicken. I look at your birds up on that pristine white roost knowing that she wanted for nothing.

Our Rosey continues with her battle but puts up a good fight as well. I envision her transitioning to the place where Deckie is going... while lying on some sunny slope in spring or summer grasses with sweet smells around her, with bugs buzzing by, and contentment that she led a full life that every chicken should have.

Bless you hensinthehOUse and thank you for sharing Deckie's story with us. We've learned so much.

Amy

Thank you so much, Amy. I read your thread about Rosey. Cleaning the whole coop should be tough in the severe winter. Rosey is really adorable. I really like her eyes.
And, thanks about Milk Thistle, that must help Deckie as I assume. She seemed little better after that.

I will cheer you and Rosey up.
hugs.gif

Dear hensintheHOUse,

Thank you so much for including me/us in your journey with Deckie. She was a lovely chicken and I will never forget how you took such good care of her. I hope and pray I can do the same if and when I am in your shoes. Please take care of you, too. I will stay subscribed to this thread if you feel like updating on yourself and your other chicken, Bumpy. I will miss hearing about Deckie. Hugs to you.

Back
Top Bottom