Is it a bad sign for an internal layer/ egg yolk peritonitis?

Dear hensintheHOUse,

Thank you so much for including me/us in your journey with Deckie. She was a lovely chicken and I will never forget how you took such good care of her. I hope and pray I can do the same if and when I am in your shoes. Please take care of you, too. I will stay subscribed to this thread if you feel like updating on yourself and your other chicken, Bumpy. I will miss hearing about Deckie. Hugs to you.

Thanks a lot,Viollettt. Thanks a lot for supporting me and Deckie which was a big help for me. Of course, you will do your best for your chickens. I feel that you care for them so much. :)
Yes, I will update for Bumpy who has been suffering from pendulous crop. She is a real survivor, which has been 3 years since she had sour crop.
I have the tons of pictures for hers, but I am avoiding to see them now. :) My husband and I will bury her when the weather is warm enough to be able to dig the dirt. Until then, she will stay in the shed safely. My husband put her in the strongest garbage bag and put it in the plastic case.

I am hugging to you in my head.
hugs.gif

Hello,
Recently one of my birds burst a yolk inside of her and I found you post. When you say a weak vinegar solution, how much water and vinegar did you use? I might try this.

Thanks!

1 part vinegar: 10 parts distilled water I think is a good guess- timate. Good luck with your girl. You might have to also check for broken shells as these will potentially lead to infection and kill your hen.

I am sending my Lilly tonight to be with your Deckie. I lost her after a year of struggles. I am totally beside myself.

Another beautiful extraordinary and very missed chicken in heaven tonight.

God bless

Shabana x

Thank you, Kathy! :)   It is nice to hear that your hen was like mine. :)
I appreciate for the pictures that really helpful.  

I put my point finger inside of her about 1 1/2 inches which I felt scared and weird LOL,  anyway, I didn't feel any egg shells.
Do you remember how much you put your finger inside?

She is taking penicillin that one of my friends gave us, now. 
I will give her Baytril when I get it.

Thank you for helping me out, Kathy. 

Never give chickens Baytril - can cause resistant infection and end up killing YOU. Look it up.

Thank you, Kathy! :)   It is nice to hear that your hen was like mine. :)
I appreciate for the pictures that really helpful.  

I put my point finger inside of her about 1 1/2 inches which I felt scared and weird LOL,  anyway, I didn't feel any egg shells.
Do you remember how much you put your finger inside?

She is taking penicillin that one of my friends gave us, now. 
I will give her Baytril when I get it.

Thank you for helping me out, Kathy. 

Never give chickens Baytril - can cause resistant infection and end up killing YOU. Look it up.

Did you know that Baytril is used in the beef and swine industries and for many years was used in the poultry industry? For those trying to save the life of a pet chicken/bird with a serious bacterial infection like E. coli or Pseudomonas, Baytril is probably the best choice.

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom