Is my almost hen broody? When will the eggs hatch?

Pics
Enola is 11 weeks old today! I have been letting her and her mom out to free range with the others and letting them hang out with in the run when I can watch them. They will probably move in sometime this week. Enola still acts like she is only two weeks old crying for her mom and sleeping under Amelia even though she is almost as big as her! I think Amelia is over having a baby but she still lets Enola sleep under her. Does she still look like a pullet?
CD7391F2-8030-4F61-88EA-EEDE04179AE0.jpeg

Does she still look like a pullet?View attachment 3788769
I think she still looks like a pullet, but she's into the age range where I really second-guess myself.

Are the comb and wattles looking a bit bigger? Maybe a bit more red? Does this mean early-maturing female? Or does this mean late-maturing male? I don't see any male saddle feathers, but 11 weeks is a bit on the young side, so I might not see them even on a male...

Questions like those can drive me crazy at this age ;)
So I think female is more likely than male, but I don't trust myself right now.

I think she still looks like a pullet, but she's into the age range where I really second-guess myself.

Are the comb and wattles looking a bit bigger? Maybe a bit more red? Does this mean early-maturing female? Or does this mean late-maturing male? I don't see any male saddle feathers, but 11 weeks is a bit on the young side, so I might not see them even on a male...

Questions like those can drive me crazy at this age ;)
So I think female is more likely than male, but I don't trust myself right now.
that’s good news!

Yes, I think "she" still looks like a female. It looks like the comb and wattles are getting bigger, and the face is getting redder, so she might be an early layer. (Not ready to lay today, but making progress toward maturity.)
All my hens laid earlier then I expected.

Back
Top Bottom