Is my duckling okay?

May 24, 2023
I have a little lady you can see in video who seems to have a bump on her hip maybe? Yesterday she was drooping to left side. Lays down a lot. Hatched April 24th Indian Runner
I do a TBSP of ACV in water and 1TBSP Brewers Yeast in each cup of food.

Last edited:
Your giving them brewers yeast are you sure it has niacin in it? Someone posted a picture of one they were thinking of buying the other day and there wasn't any niacin in it [B3] I am having a hard time seeing any bump does it feel hard or squishy? This could be a niacin deficiency at their age is when we usually see this or younger. The way to treat that is with Liquid B Complex. If you don't think it's a niaicn deficiency can you get a good close up of this bump please.
What are you feeding them?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/

Your giving them brewers yeast are you sure it has niacin in it? Someone posted a picture of one they were thinking of buying the other day and there wasn't any niacin in it [B3] I am having a hard time seeing any bump does it feel hard or squishy? This could be a niacin deficiency at their age is when we usually see this or younger. The way to treat that is with Liquid B Complex. If you don't think it's a niaicn deficiency can you get a good close up of this bump please.
What are you feeding them?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/
The brewers yeast just says with oregano and garlic- gut support vitamin b support for ducks. It’s from The Pampered Chicken Mama. Then I’m feeding Modesto milling non medicated ducklwt crumble. It’s 22% protein so I cut it by 20% with oatmeal since they are 4 weeks now.

Attachments

• IMG_2412.jpeg
    IMG_2412.jpeg
    761.2 KB · Views: 4
Can you hold the ducking and push the feathers away so we can see this bump? how long has it been there?
Does it look like she may have injured herself somehow? look for a cut or a scab. Just wondering if possibly an abscess.

The brewers yeast just says with oregano and garlic- gut support vitamin b support for ducks. It’s from The Pampered Chicken Mama. Then I’m feeding Modesto milling non medicated ducklwt crumble. It’s 22% protein so I cut it by 20% with oatmeal since they are 4 weeks now.
Does it give how much B3 is in each serving? Of course, I am not sure[I am not a vet] but laying down a lot is usually one of the issues we see with Niacin deficiency It might be a good idea to start this duckling on some Liquid B Complex then at least you can rule out Niacin deficiency and yes even fed the best feed and giving other supplements there can be one or a few that still need extra. We've seen great results using the liquid B complex that is why we rec it so much.

Does it give how much B3 is in each serving? Of course, I am not sure[I am not a vet] but laying down a lot is usually one of the issues we see with Niacin deficiency It might be a good idea to start this duckling on some Liquid B Complex then at least you can rule out Niacin deficiency and yes even fed the best feed and giving other supplements there can be one or a few that still need extra. We've seen great results using the liquid B complex that is why we rec it so much.
Thank you! I honestly think it is niacin deficiency! I ordered Rooster Booster Liquid that has 50mg of niacin plus all the othe vitamins. Which one do you use?

As long as it has niacin hopefully it will take care of it. I used and many on here Durvet Liquid B Complex. it says injectable but we use it orally. Don't put it in their water it dilutes it so much you have no way of telling they are getting full dose. Best to use a tasty treat and put it over that.
IMG_2678 2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom