??Is my goat going into labor??

Okay, so I made a slight mistake when I thought she had a breached kid. What I thought was a tail was in fact an ear! The babies feet where both pointing back and it’s chin was pointing down! After 2 hours we got the kid in position and started pulling…. 1 hour later the kids legs broke off (it was already dead) and we realized that her pelvis was to small and even if we got the kids out (which was unlikely) we doubted she would live (she was to weak). So we decided it would be more humane to put her out of her misery.
And now on a lighter note: Our other (healthier) doe is about to kid. She is large (and the buck she bred with was small) and strong so the kidding
should go smoothly.

Thanks again for all your help!!

I don't want to sound harsh or smart alecky........

Are you going to have the vet back out to make sure she is completely "cleaned out".

The situation this doe may be in now is even more dangerous than when she went down.

I don't want to sound harsh or smart alecky........

Are you going to have the vet back out to make sure she is completely "cleaned out".

The situation this doe may be in now is even more dangerous than when she went down.

The OP decided to euthanize the doe that was having issues.

Sorry to hear about the trouble and the loss of your goat, OP, but I'm glad you were able to find a vet to treat goats. I hope the next kidding goes smooth!

Back
Top Bottom