Is my pot belly pig pregnant?!?!?

Pics
Aw!!!!! She's even smiling! :)

But.....

I want piglets!!!!!!!! LOL.

Wow, I had alot to catch up on. I was on vaca for a few days and am glad to
be among my like minded people. I was visiting family in NY and most think I've
gone off the deep end.

In reading the two stories of Jazzy and Stinkerbell, it seems that Jazzy was nesting
and Stinkerbell seems to love to be in the mud. Where do pigs usually have their piglets?

Those baby bunnies are adorable. Does the mama get protective of her babies too?

Anyway, best of luck and I'll keep watching for your updates.

Pigs will usually make a bed out of straw or hay n have the babies in a cool secluded area of the pen.yes they will get extremely protective n try n bite,so best to leave alone for several days after all are born the try little attempts working up to more as days go by.can also take up to 24-36 hrs for all to be born,you will know time is near when she starts having contractions n grunting during delivery.it will be a huge bloody pile of after birth after all babies r born,yes she will eat the afterbirth for needed nutrition.(very gross to watch too)
Good lyck both parents

The best part is playing the waiting game....NOT! lol I do think Jazzy has become protective of Liana. Go figure that one out. She has made a nest out of the shavings in her nest area and no longer sleeps on the baby mattress. But I still think I have a few weeks to go, maybe even into the first part of July. I will have had her 3 months the 28th of June so if she was breed a couple of weeks before that than it will probably be July. OOooo oooo what if she had them on July 13th. That would be a wonderful birthday present. A horse would be a better birthday present but piglets will do just fine.

Read this entire thread. I am rooting for both girls to have their babies (am really hoping Jazzie is pregnant!)

I have two Potbellied pigs waiting to come home when our barn is complete. I look forward to having baby piglets of my own eventually. :)

Back
Top Bottom