Is my pot belly pig pregnant?!?!?

Pics
Welcome!!! Photos are a must. lol

There has been a slight change in jazzy. She came inside so fast I didn't even realize it. Usually it is wait for the queen to take her time. Plus she went straight to her bed and laid down. Breathing is heavy and she is grunting a lot. She moved her bedding around, more than usually to the point where the floor can be seen. She isn't laying in it. Her attitude has changed, she isn't grumpy but different, can't put my finger on it. Also I let her out just now to go potty, she went and came right back in. That is not her. Hopefully she will have them soon. I am surprised she didn't have them during the tornado last night.

Welcome!!! Photos are a must. lol

There has been a slight change in jazzy. She came inside so fast I didn't even realize it. Usually it is wait for the queen to take her time. Plus she went straight to her bed and laid down. Breathing is heavy and she is grunting a lot. She moved her bedding around, more than usually to the point where the floor can be seen. She isn't laying in it. Her attitude has changed, she isn't grumpy but different, can't put my finger on it. Also I let her out just now to go potty, she went and came right back in. That is not her. Hopefully she will have them soon. I am surprised she didn't have them during the tornado last night.
clap.gif

Thanks y'all! So excited to hear Jazzy's getting ready! How is she this morning? I tried to attach a picture but pop up said I don't have permission?

Jazzy is about the same. slight swelling in her vulva but it has been like that for a few days. This morning she wanted out so I let her out, she went potty, grazed a bit ad then wanted back in. She went straight to her bed and has not wanted to move. She pinks at me when I go in to see her but she doesn't get up ad come see me. Tomorrow if I figured right will be 115 days and my birthday. hehe I hope to goodness that she has them soon. I see them rolling around in her belly. I know it can't be gas...lol please please please have them soon.

How are all the other babies doing??? I will take pics later

Hm, maybe she has a big litter. More piglets take longer.
Pretty sure opposite is true. Larger litters earlier, smaller litters later.

Length of pregnancy
The mean length in the sow is between 114 - 115 days with a range from 111-120. Gilts tend to have a shorter pregnancy. The variation within the range is influenced by the herd, environment, breed, litter size (it tends to be shorter in larger litters and longer in smaller litters) and the time of year.

See here.

Back
Top Bottom