Is my quail ok??

I know that’s the logical course of action but I’m already emotionally attached to the ones I have 😭
there’s a reputable breeder i could get a new one from this weekend maybe if I just return flapjack? I don’t want waffle to be alone and I don’t want to return her even though I probably should. I’m never buying animals from Craigslist again without viewing the set up and talking to the breeder/owner first though.

I know that’s the logical course of action but I’m already emotionally attached to the ones I have 😭
there’s a reputable breeder i could get a new one from this weekend maybe if I just return flapjack? I don’t want waffle to be alone and I don’t want to return her even though I probably should. I’m never buying animals from Craigslist again without viewing the set up and talking to the breeder/owner first though.
The problem with keeping Waffle is that she might be sick too. Even if she has a mild case and doesn't show any symptoms, she could pass it along to any new birds you get. Is that really worth the risk?

Flapjack laid an egg, does that change the thoughts on if she’s sick? She seems to be acting a bit more normal, and is scurrying around more as well. Still fluffing up to stand in place and squint some though
The problem with keeping Waffle is that she might be sick too. Even if she has a mild case and doesn't show any symptoms, she could pass it along to any new birds you get. Is that really worth the risk?
that is a very solid point, however I don’t know if I’m getting any new birds? I think the current plan is to swap out flapjack with the same guy but I’m starting to think she might be ok maybe?? I know what I SHOULD do (return both and wait ‘til October to get swg quail) but I don’t want to?

Flapjack laid an egg, does that change the thoughts on if she’s sick? She seems to be acting a bit more normal, and is scurrying around more as well. Still fluffing up to stand in place and squint some though

that is a very solid point, however I don’t know if I’m getting any new birds? I think the current plan is to swap out flapjack with the same guy but I’m starting to think she might be ok maybe?? I know what I SHOULD do (return both and wait ‘til October to get swg quail) but I don’t want to?
imagine how devastated you will be then after you get attached to the new batch of birds only to have them get sick from your original birds? you have had waffles for a few days i promise time will heal that wound.

Back
Top Bottom