Is there a "Morning After" Pill for Dogs?

Never underestimate an eager male and a willing female. She will go to extremes to get mated if she is ready.

I agree with spaying her unless there is a super imperative reason that you want to breed her. This time you probably got luccky; the nest tulme you won't.

Quote:
dont say that. Wienerdogs are peristant. I have seen a Saint wiener dog and the dad was a wienerdog.

I know it can happen, I know of a rott-dachshnd breeding. But, its not that likely and I was more basing it on the fact that it sounds like she is early in heat and not ovulating.

Determined dogs find a way. I had an accidental breeding many years ago that happened through chain-link fencing. I didn't even know she was bred until my hubby called me and told me she was having pups. She was a large dog with a small litter so I was completely caught off-guard. Luckily they were the same breed and I had planned on breeding them some day....just not right then. Through chain-link though?? I can't even begin to imagine how that worked!

Although I agree with getting her spayed... if they do it and she is pregnant, the vets in my area call that an emergency spay and will charge more money for it. I don't know if they have to do anything different.. but talk to your vet. The anti pregnancy shot is not that good for the dog to get. Your best bet at this point is to let nature take it's course... and then, unless you plan to breed her, get her spayed asap.

I worked in a dog daycare where there was a lab mixed with a basset hound. Saddest thing ever. Lab head, huge thick neck, lab tail, all black, heavy (bear style) lab body... on stump legs.

Who knows, maybe you could make the next hot "designer" breed. Great Pieners... Errrrr
lol.png

Here, it is $25 more for the emergency spay. The price is same ($25 extra) if the dog is in heat. There is some extra bleeding, but for the most part everything is the same unless she is far along. Mismate shot or spay, sooner is better than later if there is a chance she is bred.

If she is just coming into heat, the chance is slim. If she was in heat and you didn't notice, then act quickly

Quote:
dont say that. Wienerdogs are peristant. I have seen a Saint wiener dog and the dad was a wienerdog.

Do you have any pictures? I would love to see a picture of this dog!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom