Is there a "Morning After" Pill for Dogs?

I have a basset hound, and that short little fellow will figure out a way to make it happen, big OR small. Years ago we had several hog hunting dogs and the neighbors little short legged beagle broke in & bred a big 80+ lb catahoula female. I just happened to look in the pen and see it. I learned two things that day.... a bigger female dog will make it easier to get to, and a little male dog with the right "incentive" absolutely WILL stretch & reach & climb to achieve his objective. The "beag-ahoula" puppies were cute though LOL. My parents kept one for years.

First of all, it's important determining if the dog was really in heat, at the right most fertile time, and if the dog really bred. Then, there are several options to stop the pregnancy, however, not all of them are available and some may not be too effective or there are risks for side effects. Here's a licensed vet's answer to the various options to stop pregnancy: "Is there a morning after pill for dogs?"

Anything is possible. Not likely but possible. I read about a Rottweiler who got bred to a small miniature poodle. She would have nothing to do with Rottweilers but she loved that poodle. I don't remember how many pups she had but they were unique. A friend of mine had a toy poodle that picked out an old German Shepherd to sire her puppies. Old is the operative word here. He died a week later of old age. I don't know they managed it but they did. Moose had to have a C section. The puppy did not survive but Moose did. Barely.

At what stage of heat was your dog when she was exposed? Dogs are in heat for three weeks but only accept service during the second week. I think.

We have had our daughter's male black and tan mini-dashound for a couple of weeks while they were gone on vacation. Today we gave him back to them. Today I also realized our Great Pyrenees is in heat.
th.gif
My hope and prayer is that she just came in heat and has not accepted his "advances".
fl.gif
What in the world would we even have if Paris gives birth to 1/2 weiner dog X 1/2 GP?

I can see it now.........black and tan........long haired.........massive body with a broad head..........on four inch crooked stumpy legs.
sad.png

I have my fingers crossed that this is one blessed event that will NOT take place.......... Anybody want a Great Wee-Nees?
lau.gif
If she takes I would LOVE to have one of the puppies. The problem would be how to get it. I'm in southern Missouri.

We have had our daughter's male black and tan mini-dashound for a couple of weeks while they were gone on vacation. Today we gave him back to them. Today I also realized our Great Pyrenees is in heat.
th.gif
My hope and prayer is that she just came in heat and has not accepted his "advances".
fl.gif
What in the world would we even have if Paris gives birth to 1/2 weiner dog X 1/2 GP?

I can see it now.........black and tan........long haired.........massive body with a broad head..........on four inch crooked stumpy legs.
sad.png

I have my fingers crossed that this is one blessed event that will NOT take place.......... Anybody want a Great Wee-Nees?
lau.gif

There is always the spay option... Did the doxie have a step stool? :)

Back
Top Bottom