Is this crazy???

My goose lost all her eggs to a predator this spring.

Well yesterday I went to wash their tank and saw something in in their nesting house. Took a closer look and there was 6 eggs in there.
That was a big surprise.

Go to uploads and push the Browse button and size it for websites. I'm not good at it but no one else answered so I hope I didn't leave out a step. You have to paste the url in the message box.

My white chinese girl will sit on four eggs. They've never been fertile and she's always under a tree where she won't last with predators and she hates me when I carry her to the pen.

I bet they're fertile.

Hope to see pictures soon.

Quote:
It seems to me you uploaded your pic just fine. I can see your cute goosies when I copy the url (https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/49306_img_0318.jpg) and paste it in my adress bar.

When you're on the upload page and have uploaded a pic, copy the url for the thumbnail. Then go to your message and paste it. Don't click the img button. That should work!
fl.gif

Last edited:
I have 2 roman tufted females. They go broody twice a year March and again in December, they can sit on the nest for up to 3 weeks. I realize these eggs are not fertile (both females) and won't hatch but the natural instinct of sitting on the eggs makes them feel good, I'm sure. Once they get more than 4 they divide them and both lay on separate nests. They do no get up to eat, drink or poo. When I first got them and their first time brooding, I sat in the hay for hours, trying to feed them and make them drink, I thought they were dying. hahaha. Anyway when I think they sat enough, remember they stopped pooing, and that in itself is wonderful I have to take a trash can cover hold it between them and me push them away while trying to get the eggs from the nest. Ouch! The eggs I let them sit on I DO NOT eat.

Ok so now I get how to post pics so I am going to post a couple of my geese. She lost her eggs. Predator of some sort came in and I knew I should have gotten up at 3 am but I didn't. I feel just terrible. All but 4 eggs gone and they were cracked. Checked them and yes they were fertile. So here goes. Pics of my geese.

The four as babies. It was sprinkling this day.

Posing for some pics

Doesn't appear to be happy about pics

The next three are at the fair with my daughter. Won Grand Champion

Hope you enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom