Is this even possible?!?!

My Easter Egger/silkie cross is laying more than once a day. She lays usually 2 eggs a day and yesterday layed 2 and this morning 2 more in the coop. She is 8 months old and I can't believe what's happening
I have seen this before… It is possible… This is why I hatch my own eggs (if no one goes broody). If needed, I get eggs from a trusted, local, organic chicken keeper… I don’t EVER get sex-link, hybrid, genetically modified, etc, etc…. What you have is a hen who has a genetic mutation, which essentially turns off the “egg timer”😉. Or, the DNA/gene that sets the timing of the eggs development, from “ovary to nest“… They have been trying to manipulate “Factory Farms” chickens, to get the most production possible. Like what they have done to get the most meat, in the shortest time, and call them, “Meat Chickens” that get so big, so fast, their legs can’t support their bodies. And, if not processed in three months, would die of heart attack, not being able to support such a large body… But easy to replace every three months for those “Oven-Stuffer-Roasters”… This genetic modification will make your hen a “Super-Layer”, however; it has a downside too… What ever genes were spliced to turn on the “egg-timer” will have turned on/off other genes too, which could lead to all sorts of deformities or diseases… Most likely, she will suffer a heart attack, or a “Blow-out” and pass, while trying to lay an egg…. I’m so sorry for that… One of many reasons I keep everything as organic as possible, and only raise “Heritage” breeds…
Good Luck,
+Blessing
Rev. Dr. Lee

I have seen this before… It is possible… This is why I hatch my own eggs (if no one goes broody). If needed, I get eggs from a trusted, local, organic chicken keeper… I don’t EVER get sex-link, hybrid, genetically modified, etc, etc…. What you have is a hen who has a genetic mutation, which essentially turns off the “egg timer”😉. Or, the DNA/gene that sets the timing of the eggs development, from “ovary to nest“… They have been trying to manipulate “Factory Farms” chickens, to get the most production possible. Like what they have done to get the most meat, in the shortest time, and call them, “Meat Chickens” that get so big, so fast, their legs can’t support their bodies. And, if not processed in three months, would die of heart attack, not being able to support such a large body… But easy to replace every three months for those “Oven-Stuffer-Roasters”… This genetic modification will make your hen a “Super-Layer”, however; it has a downside too… What ever genes were spliced to turn on the “egg-timer” will have turned on/off other genes too, which could lead to all sorts of deformities or diseases… Most likely, she will suffer a heart attack, or a “Blow-out” and pass, while trying to lay an egg…. I’m so sorry for that… One of many reasons I keep everything as organic as possible, and only raise “Heritage” breeds…
Good Luck,
+Blessing
Rev. Dr. Lee
Highly doubtful that someone spliced any genes in this bird

Back
Top Bottom