Is this rooster a pure bred or a mix?

10Momma14

Songster
8 Years
Dec 15, 2014
Northwestern, Arkansas
I hatched this rooster out of some eggs that came from a friend's grandmother's farm. He looks to me like a Andalusian and acts just like them. I will walk out and find him standing on either a gate or big round hay bail. He is 5 months old. The top left is of him when he was a few days old (sorry this is the best one I could have gotten of him), top right is him at a month old, bottom left is at 3 months old, the bottom right is of him now.

Last edited:
He looks very similar to an blue easter egger roo I had, I don't have a recent pic b/c we rehomed him at three months.

This is him right before he left, sorry I don't have a side shot, but your guy reminds me of him.

My guess is that he's an Easter Egger. Not all Easter Eggers have beards. His slate legs, comb, and overall body type are common characteristics of Easter Eggers.

Yeah, not all EE's have beards, and he could also be an Olive Egger, they are often clean faced but maintain the slate legs and comb of the EE's. He is very handsome! I hated having to give mine away, he was a handsome and well behaved boy, but we aren't allowed roos.

Never heard of a Olive Egger, that is a shame. Where I live we can have roos only if our neighbors don't complain about the crowing, his brother lives next door along with the sister. We have the other brother who is a Rode Island Red Ameranaca mix.

Back
Top Bottom