Is this spot an embryo? Help!

I candled the eggs before I placed them in incubator and for the heck of it I decided to recandle today, day 4. All of the eggs developed this dark spot on the yolk but there’s no visible veins or an air sac. I’m going to candle again on day 7. but does this look promising or will only time tell? Super anxious due to this being my first incubation batch.

(Second photo is edited)
View attachment 1832385
View attachment 1832386

I've noticed changes like this which do indicate a fertile eggs. Still too early to call but it's a good chance they are fertile.

Is the egg from your first and second group of pictures the same egg? It look less developed but that could also be the angle.

That was an amazing video! Thank you for sharing it :)

I've noticed changes like this which do indicate a fertile eggs. Still too early to call but it's a good chance they are fertile.

Is the egg from your first and second group of pictures the same egg? It look less developed but that could also be the angle.

Thank you :) it was the same egg. I also have another question, what I should keep my humidity levels at? In the incubator manual it recommended 50-60 but I’ve seen people recommend “dry incubating” on here. What’s up with that?

AE4C1EB7-33F0-45F0-9691-88EA9FD25D07.jpeg
CC5EDB53-3DD1-4070-B2A2-DCEBAF2179D4.jpeg
There’s always the possibility it isn’t fertile. They’re medium brown eggs so I’m just hoping it’s just difficult to see the veins this early. What does your eggs look lik

Day 4/5 I’ve typically gotten the “spider” but with darker eggs it can be difficult to see.....as others have said give it a few more days. As far as humidity....I have learned from having bother incubators and Broody hens that you want to keep your humidity close to outdoor humidity for first 14 days and then raise it slightly for lockdown. For example outdoor humidity for me is running 30-45% outside so my shed incubator is dry hatching....I keep indoor incubator around 30ish for first 14 days and then I raise humidity to around 65% @ lockdown with it settling in around 50 ish for quail.....chickens are more forgiving so can stay in 65+ range

Back
Top Bottom