Is this true or not? Kind of a POLL!

jessupfamily

Songster
12 Years
May 14, 2007
SW Indiana
If you put a rooster in a box with a top (dog kennel, brooder box, etc...) and he can not raise his head very high, can he still crow or not? I've been told that if they can't raise their heads up, then they won't be able to crow.
Just a side note: My big guy, Lawrence, got into the mama coop and the run on it is very low, he was kind of ducking down in it, and he never crowed (but acted like he wanted to). And as soon as he got out, he let the whole world know!
Another side note: I was not being mean to him, just watching to see what he would do. He squeezed his fat self through a small hole to steal a peak at the mama sitting!
Thanks!
Blessings,
Amy J.

The rooster I bought from Nadine crowed several times before he left her house and almost every time I came to a stoplight going home. He was in a dog crate that forced him to bend his head down level with his back.

So I would say that theory is FALSE

they can crow whenever they want, 10 years of taking chickens to shows etc in boxes (Specially made chicken carriers/boxes) where it was also dark... They crowed all the time. i remember us pulling up at a gas station a few times and people would walk over to us and want to see them (mainly women with small children). and one time we were coming home from a buddies house we went there to get a few hens and a rooster as he didn't want them anymore. and came back with extras. we pull up at popeyes and their crowing away... Lady in the car behind us didn't know what to think (Hey, at least the chickens fresh right? )

hahahahahha.. can imagine the look on peoples faces to hear chicken noises at a FRIED chicken resturant!!!!!

now i am gonna have to go home and shove a rooster in a box..

Quote:
Taking your chickens to Popeyes? Kinda wrong somehow.
big_smile.png

False. I only know this because someone left a HUGE RIR rooster on our back porch in a tiny box one night recently (Surprise!) My husband found him early in the morning and brought the whole box into the kitchen to get him out of the cold. I didn't know. I woke up at 5:00 AM and was startled nearly out of my skin a few minutes later by the loudest rooster crow that I have ever heard... it echoed through the house like the clash of a giant pair of cymbals.

Back
Top Bottom