ISA-Brown page. :)))))))

I LOVE this breed. They are so sweet, people friendly and lay eggs like crazy. The eggs I get are big! I have 2 hens named, "Ginger" and "Red." I have 2 un-named chicks coming up in the ranks :)

I love my kids also. We are going to try and move out to coop but weather here in Mi.. have turned cold again. Everyone has a name given by the grandkids. They are six weeks old this weekend. Thinking maybe another week before they go out to coop. Then couple weeks before the great out doors. Coop is done I have covered nesting boxes like been told so they don't use to sleep in. I am going to use pine c\shavings for floor.
Any helpful hints appreciated

I'm so happy I found this thread!! I have 10 Isa chicks - all pullets. They are the sweetest... Super friendly and curious. As a newbie I didn't realize what they were until a couple days ago. Got them from Bergs Hatchery in Manitoba. They were listed as Bergs Brown, but realize they're the same as Isa brown - girls brown and males white. I'm looking forward to seeing how beautiful my golden girls get!

I'm so happy I found this thread!! I have 10 Isa chicks - all pullets. They are the sweetest... Super friendly and curious. As a newbie I didn't realize what they were until a couple days ago. Got them from Bergs Hatchery in Manitoba. They were listed as Bergs Brown, but realize they're the same as Isa brown - girls brown and males white. I'm looking forward to seeing how beautiful my golden girls get!
Aren't they fluffiest chicks? Yours look like little puff balls, just like mine did! Love the little fluffy chicks! Now that mine are 6 weeks old, they are SO friendly. I have to shoo them away when I clean their brooder. They are going outside soon, but they are so sweet in the brooder!

Yes, I'm loving these cute fuzzy and hilarious little creatures. Amazes me how curious and daring they are. They chase my hand as I clean their brooder, and are so entertaining! They'll have to move to a bigger brooder in our workshop soon, since they grow so fast!! I'll miss having them in the house.

They are SUPER friendly. I love that! My girl, "Ginger" will stand right next to me when I clean the coop. "Red" is very curious and when I leave my back door open, I will always find her peeking in.
love.gif
Red was scared of everything when I first got her. Now, she will creep up on our labrador and try to chase him! Ha ha Love those chickens. :) I hope the chicks I have now will grow up with similar personalities! Here is a picture of Ginger and Red with one of my Australorps.

I love all the info on this page! I decided to get chicks this year for eggs and went to various feed stores in my area to see what they had. I researched what was available to me and went with Isa Browns and black australorps. So far I love them! The Isa's have so much personality. I'm also very excited to hear what good layers they are, even at 4 and 5 years old.
Question: two of my black australorps are roosters. I might try hatching next spring, has anyone ever crossed an Isa brown with a black australorp? I bought the Isa's from TSC, who orders from town line, so they are true Isa's.

Well this is our first year for chickens. Got two of these birds on a whim just to add to the ones I really wanted... Well by far these are the best birds our of my bunch. 3 Easter eggers, 3 silver laced Wyandottes and 2 isa Browns.
I love the ISAs should have gotten more! Look how friendly they are. This is Wendy and my two year old son!

Well this is our first year for chickens. Got two of these birds on a whim just to add to the ones I really wanted... Well by far these are the best birds our of my bunch. 3 Easter eggers, 3 silver laced Wyandottes and 2 isa Browns.
I love the ISAs should have gotten more! Look how friendly they are. This is Wendy and my two year old son!

ISA browns are very friendly and lay consistently too I have three of them
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom