ISABELLE LEGHORNS IN USA!

pretty! is it 'sold' or 'old'?

Better picture of this 2 week old. It is on it's way to a new home shortly!

Have one currently under the couch and another that took flight during the photo shoot.

@cjwaldon You are very talented with your chick photography!

Thanks both of you for posting pictures..... what wonderful chicks!

Easter chicks!
love.gif

------> Endorsements <--------------

Well, first endorsement is that Isabel, Isabelle, Isabella or lav-brown however you want to identify them are even more gorgeous than their pictures~~
second endorsement -- both CJWaldon & Cree57i can supply you with AMAZING birds!!! (eggs too I think)

Really am pleased that I have two 'lines' one from each.

Here on their first day outdoors are the ones I got from TN (Cree57i)

Just beautiful!!

and here are some from MO (CJWaldon)

IMO this is the most beautiful plumage coloration of all the chickens I have ever seen... if you are on the fence about getting some -- take the plunge - that's my advice. They are just beautiful and there are two good sources for them right in this thread!!
love.gif

Last edited:
The center cockerel above was exhibiting a bit of extra testosterone yesterday -- he was bossing all 9 other chicks in that enclosure around.

At night fall -- the largest Isbar that I got was outside the coop chirping. In the above picture she is standing at the left. My thought was that she was day-dreaming while everyone else climbed the ramp into the coop so I picked her up and put her in. No sooner did I turn around and the above cockerel was kicking her out the door. Now how rude is that? I figured it would be a good night for him to spend in the pet carrier -- so she could go into the coop.

This morning I hear a sound like a tea kettle when it first starts to whistle. - I had thought that the sound was coming as background noise from an interview that was going on on the radio -- and later I heard it again a few times -- and finally I realized that it is coming from the pet carrier...

This is so interesting.... my Legbars when they are happy little juveniles have a distinct purring sound. So the QUESTION is -- do Isabel(le) leghorns have a whistle -- this is a sound I haven't heard from other chicks -- but I've only had -- BPR, EE, Black-sexlink, Legbar, and Isbar, some 'IceCreamBars' as chicks or juveniles -- and only the Legbars had their own distinctive juvenile sound?

Anyone else have grow outs that can make a tea-kettle whistle at will?

hu.gif

Haven't noticed, but the AC sometimes cause pause with their unique trills and whistles. Was he trying to crow maybe? I've had NJs crow at 7 weeks, SLW crow at 5 weeks, and one little Isbar crow at day old. And a host of other breeds crowing very young but I don't make note of breed or age anymore.

He does crow -- and screechy but definite....this was different, like the hiss of a tea kettle just before the deep 'i'm boiling now' whistle. -- cute guy!

I have a large pen of these guys growing up and out together. The one they seem to pick on is a DBL cockerel. They leave the SB/Isbar alone. I have heard whistles, trills and all sorts of strange noises coming from there! What seems to help mine the very most, in terms of disposition, is to free range with the Isbar. That is the time they truly seem content and everyone is at peace and calm. I just love when they start trying to crow. It's like teenage boys voices changing. Some sound like a squeaky door.

Back
Top Bottom