Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Optical, pharmacy, and alcohol sales and access are impacted by state and federal laws. In AZ I think the alky is state law, and federal law requires pharmacy and optical services to be available to everyone without any barriers to access (like a membership).
Yeah, I thought so, that is why I said ours. Ours claims to have a pharmacy and all of that, but it does not. I did not know if any of them actually had the services available on-site, or if they all just say they do. 🤷🏻‍♀️

She enjoys it mostly. No job is perfect of course, but there are a lot of worse options out there. Pay/benefits are awesome and she has a lot of good people to work with. Helps to offset the jerk-face members who think they're God's gift to wholesale shopping.
I'm glad she likes it. I worked at the Costco food court for a year. You're right in that the pay and benefits are awesome. I just did not get along with the management. Someone was calling off daily and I was always stuck with a cashier who only knew how to ring people out. They never knew how to do any of the cooking, cleaning, or dishes. And we had to do dishes by hand. Had to tear down the smoothie and frozen yogurt machines nightly and hand wash everything. I also hated their rule that you could not work after you were scheduled to leave. Meaning, I never had time to get all the dishes done because I was always alone. There were many nights where I would literally leave a sink of dirty dishes, in the dish water still, because I ran out of time and the manager was yelling at me to leave. Very stressfull. I ended up getting injured while working and was put on short term disability. Could not work at all and my disability pay was denied. Twice

I'm glad she likes it. I worked at the Costco food court for a year. You're right in that the pay and benefits are awesome. I just did not get along with the management. Someone was calling off daily and I was always stuck with a cashier who only knew how to ring people out. They never knew how to do any of the cooking, cleaning, or dishes. And we had to do dishes by hand. Had to tear down the smoothie and frozen yogurt machines nightly and hand wash everything. I also hated their rule that you could not work after you were scheduled to leave. Meaning, I never had time to get all the dishes done because I was always alone. There were many nights where I would literally leave a sink of dirty dishes, in the dish water still, because I ran out of time and the manager was yelling at me to leave. Very stressfull. I ended up getting injured while working and was put on short term disability. Could not work at all and my disability pay was denied. Twice
She started in food court so I 1200% feel you. They drag front end people in now to help with close in food court because of stuff like what you dealt with. Her food court is hammered all day. They still regularly ask for her to come in and help bail them out. Her supes know though and they'll hide her someplace to make food court solve the problems on their own :p

I always tell her it must be nice to be in such demand at work. People go out of their way to avoid involving me.

I am glad you got out of such a horrible-sounding place! Decent pay and benefits are great, but they do not compare to having a helpful team and good managers that know how to organize and plan/prepare. 🙏🏻

Back
Top Bottom