Isbar thread

I forgot to turn the incubator off this year!

I have LOTS of choices of Silverudd's Blue. They are in with Swedish flower hens, because I have found these breeds get along well together. Here are just a few of my grow outs. They are age 1 week and first day on grass, to 8 months old, and everywhere in between. Blue, black and splash!

This is a BCM broody with Silverudd's Blue (Isbar) chicks she hatched for me.

Wow they are all gorgeous birds!!!

Still waiting on eggs!

I purchased a flock of Isbars locally and have yet to find a good description of standards. I have some raised some beautiful birds this spring/summer from the original flock and would really like ot find a source for standards. Thanks for your help!

I purchased a flock of Isbars locally and have yet to find a good description of standards. I have some raised some beautiful birds this spring/summer from the original flock and would really like ot find a source for standards. Thanks for your help!

Have you check the file on the Silverudd's Blue FB page?

Some of the folks in Sweden have shared what is acceptable for the breed there. BTW, there is no SOP for SB.

About when do they start laying? My girl is about 6 months old or more. Can't wait to start incubating her eggs (once I get my Isbar rooster back from my cousin)
Edit- never mind. Here's her egg I found. Ain't she pretty?
(btw- check out that massive duck egg)

Last edited:
We are in Michigan (Dewitt - just outside of Lansing) and have been hatching out Silverrudd Blue (formerly Isbar). The person that I purchased the flock from sold chicks for $15 each unsexed, and pullets for $35 each. I'd like to find what others are pricing their birds for. As well, I have a few pullets that I can let go as well as a couple of roosters if there's any interest!

We are in Michigan (Dewitt - just outside of Lansing) and have been hatching out Silverrudd Blue (formerly Isbar).  The person that I purchased the flock from sold chicks for $15 each unsexed, and pullets for $35 each.  I'd like to find what others are pricing their birds for.  As well, I have a few pullets that I can let go as well as a couple of roosters if there's any interest!  
pity you aren't closer to Idaho. I'd love another 2-3 pullets.

Back
Top Bottom