Its my coop and I helped :) pic heavy :)

destinidawn

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 21, 2012
Port Orchard, WA

This is our Coop. I could have posted start to finish pics but there would have been a ton more. The coop is 8ft by 4 ft. The secure run for when we are not home is 9 by 4. We have now added a grazing run that we can move that is about 6 foot by 12 foot. I cant believe I actually helped make this from real boards :) I hope you like it as much as I do. Only thing left is to make the boxes for the nesting sections. I have some very happy girls :) I have also tried to talk the boyfriend into us painting our house to match the coop. so far the answer is no. Ha.. the answer for the chickens started as no about 9 months ago. :) He loves them now as much as i do.. They have been with us almost 11 weeks :)

Last edited:
What is that ? A chicken coop or a dance hall? That's a pretty fancy floor and love the removable roost idea. Very nice indeed.
clap.gif

Just one question, wouldn't it been easier to paint the coop to match the house?
gig.gif
Oh yeah,
welcome-byc.gif

It looks very nice. If that's drywall will you have problems with cleaning? I like that you put insulation in it. They will thank you during the winter months.
Have a blessed day. Ginger from OH

It is drywall but its coated with this hard plasticy stuff. I dont know.. My boyfriend got it.. But it is water proof so I could pressure wash it. But it wipes off easily enough. The floor is actually sheet vinyl that looks like wood. I love it. I would put it in my house. And yes it would have been easier to paint the coop to match the house but the house is very much in need of painting and since we bought a paint sprayer it should not take to long :)

I love your coop! Would it be possible for you to start another thread with you're step by step instructions? I'd love to modify it just a bit for my space. It's the closest one to the size I need that I have found.

That is really cute; Good job... I think another couple months and you will have the BF talked into painting the house to match too
big_smile.png

Aren't chickens fun to have.... I love mine too...
yippiechickie.gif

I love your coop! Would it be possible for you to start another thread with you're step by step instructions? I'd love to modify it just a bit for my space. It's the closest one to the size I need that I have found.

I will line up all the progress pics I have after work today and post them here :)

That is really cute; Good job... I think another couple months and you will have the BF talked into painting the house to match too
big_smile.png

Aren't chickens fun to have.... I love mine too...
yippiechickie.gif

I sure hope so I love the barn red :) And they are so much fun. :)

Back
Top Bottom