I've never eaten....

I have tasted if not eaten everything that has been placed in front of me (helps if you grow up poor...
lol.png
). I learned long ago, that just because something smells one way, doesn't mean it might not taste completely different. My German step-grandfather ate every organ meat known to man. I just love haggis. Organ meats, veggies and grain cooked in tripe...how can you not love that....lol. But it is more than that. It's about trying all kinds of things and experiencing all you can in this life. As some wise person said a long time ago"this is not a dress rehearsal." The only things I have found that I really don't like are rice pudding, pears and a Thia dish called "beef lob." Way too much fish sauce.

Quote:
I agree, I will try anything once. Me I hate peanuts, peanut butter, peanut oil, peanut anything..... Yuck I would rather eat chicken poop. Thai food with peanut sauce:
tongue.gif
chinese food with peanuts double
tongue.gif

I have foods I am not crazy about but peanuts are the only food I would rather starve to death than eat. Other than peanuts I will eat just about anything, rice beattles in Thailand, Iguana shish kebabs, camel, and all kinds of stuff out of the ocean in Italy and Korea, no problem.

Last edited:
chickensducks&agoose :

cindiloo,
I haven;t eaten anything on your 'I ate this' list!

Well come on down South and we'll feed ya some!
lol.png
You'd be welcome with open arms...just bring me some clam chowder...I've NOT had that
wink.png

Quote:
lol.png
You'd be welcome with open arms...just bring me some clam chowder...I've NOT had that
wink.png

You have NOT had clam chowder???? OMG!!!

Up here in Alaska, you learn what to eat...& don't complain' 'bout it...as you never know where yer next meal may come from, that's up to & includin' moose intestine, spleen, kidneys (eaten fresh off the carcass)fish instestine & livers, fish heads, walrus/duck/goose/swan flippers, & moose nose...I could go on & on, but I'll spare ya the details...
big_smile.png

welsummerchicks, you have a very interesting list of have eatens!!!

I don't know what haggis is, but seems like I read something once and decided I wouldn't like it. Does it stink bad?

I like pickles but can't stomach just cucumbers. But I buy and grow them for the hubby. I know I'm nice.

I never eaten any bugs on purpose, but think I've swallowed a few accidentally. Hey, it happens.

I can't get enough of tomatoes fresh off the vine! Love em in sauces, salsas etc etc.

Love cottage cheese, add fresh tomatoes or tuna or steamed vegetables and hand me the pepper grinder please. YUM!

I don't eat organ meats. Love shrimp, lobster and other sea foods.

I love to catch, clean, cook and eat fresh fish. If they're TOO fresh I slap em and throw em back. Ha ha I know that was lame but it's late.

I'm probably not considered an adventurous diner but I do like trying new things. And I'll try things I didn't think I'd like, as long as it doesn't smell foul, feel too slimy and it isn't looking at me as it goes into my mouth.

Quote:
lol.png
wink.png

Nope, nor lobster or mudbugs, clams at all, most seafood...haven't had it. WhenI lived on the East coast...I worked peeling shrimp...MILLIONS OF SHRIMP, ok not literally, but 500 pounds of it per day so pretty darn close...turned me against anything that smelled even vaguely like shrimp for a LOOOONG time.

Quote:
lol.png
wink.png

They don't have clams in TN! Closest ones are in NC which tend to be kind of big and chewy. They more or less have to be ground up and used in chower but aren't the best. VA has some of the best clams you can find!! Littlenecks and Cherrystones---yum!!!!!

Quote:
The haggis is a traditional Scottish dish...containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours. Most modern commercial haggis is prepared in a casing rather than an actual stomach.

I had to try some when we lived in Bonnie Scotland for a year and it wasn't bad until I was told what it was,.. rather like a large sausage and made a little differently by every household.

Back
Top Bottom